Mostly OT...what I do when I'm sick

Old December 8th 03, 10:11 PM
Jalynne

Default Mostly OT...what I do when I'm sick

Ok...This past week has been the busiest of the year...but I expected it, it happens
every year. Symphony Concerts (I sing in them with the chorus), rehearsals, getting
all the gifts and cards ready to mail, decorating, cleaning the house for company,
along with all the myriad other beginning of the month errands...I wonder for a while
if it'll ever slow down.

Saturday I woke up feeling like i had a cold just waiting to pounce on me, but knew
that I couldn't let it. After all, I had two concerts to sing in...so the cold would
just have to wait. I loaded myself up with all kinds of herbal remedies, slathered
on some Vicks, and lots of naps. Two days, two concerts and a zillion Ricola later,
i made it through the weekend, only to get a call at 3 this morning from my best
friend to pick her up from the Emergency Room. I didn't mind, honest...I'd do that
for anyone, unless I was on my sick bed. I got home and couldn't sleep for a couple
of hours, and when i finally did, the alarm went off way too early. So I told Jym i
was sleeping in....no running the errands I'd planned today. There was nothing that
couldn't wait just one more day, after all. So...I've spent the day in bed so
far...it's nice, but I can't talk...the laryngitis waited until this morning to hit
me...good timing, I think. DH is running some of the errands for me, after all, we
do have to eat...LOL. Anyway...i'm sitting here, bored out of my skull. We did our
homeschool lessons, we've eaten breakfast and lunch (thanks to my ever independent 6
year old), and we've checked email, and newsgroup messages....napped a couple of
times....now i'm beside myself with boredom. SO.....I just pulled out my drawer
where i keep all my beading supplies, and i'm sitting in my bed, making beaded
ornament hangers. Hey, at least i'm doing *something* productive, or at least it
appears that way.

What do the rest of you do when you're restless, but too sick to do much?
--
Jalynne

Old December 8th 03, 10:18 PM
Cheri2Star

What do the rest of you do when you're restless, but too sick to do much?
--

Read. Read. and then probably Read some more! I probably have at least a
dozen books in the "to be read" pile and a half dozen more that I've started

Cheri - hoping I don't get sick anyway
Old December 8th 03, 10:22 PM
Kandice Seeber

I'm there right now, and I usually hang out on the computer when I am sick,
due to a total lack of creative energy. I should make beads today.......
I really should..... ***sigh***
Hope you're feeling better soon!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old December 8th 03, 10:55 PM
Jalynne

I'm sick of reading...and that is a lot coming from a bookworm. I guess i just need
to keep my hands busy....sigh.
--
Jalynne

"Lee S. Billings" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article . net,
says...

What do the rest of you do when you're restless, but too sick to do much?

Read! I always have "to-be-read" books, but when I'm sick I tend to revert to
the old favorites that I can put down whenever I get sleepy because I already
know how they end. I can read in preference to just about anything else.

Celine

--
Handmade jewelry at
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/starcat

Old December 8th 03, 11:03 PM
Tink

Ooooh I HATE that. Not sick enough to be passed out in the bed, but not well
enough to actually DO anything. I've had a LOT of that lately. Mostly I
pace. I float through the house with a grimace on my face and whine to any
creature who will listen... Two legged or four legged.

I try to watch TV, but I'm not good at sitting still that long. I can't
torch when I'm like that. And I usually can't even concentrate enough to
read. I guess that, ultimately, I just roam around until I can go to sleep.
Pathetic, eh?

--
Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Now offering private lampworking instruction!
http://snurl.com/2pun for auctions...

"Jalynne" wrote in message
ink.net...

What do the rest of you do when you're restless, but too sick to do much?

Old December 8th 03, 11:26 PM
Jalynne

sounds like me, normally...LOL.

How did your doc appt go? I never did hear. Are you feeling better at all?

--
Jalynne

"Tink" wrote in message
Ooooh I HATE that. Not sick enough to be passed out in the bed, but not well
enough to actually DO anything. I've had a LOT of that lately. Mostly I
pace. I float through the house with a grimace on my face and whine to any
creature who will listen... Two legged or four legged.

I try to watch TV, but I'm not good at sitting still that long. I can't
torch when I'm like that. And I usually can't even concentrate enough to
read. I guess that, ultimately, I just roam around until I can go to sleep.
Pathetic, eh?

--
Tink

www.blackswampglassworks.com
Now offering private lampworking instruction!
http://snurl.com/2pun for auctions...

"Jalynne" wrote in message
ink.net...

What do the rest of you do when you're restless, but too sick to do much?

Old December 8th 03, 11:59 PM
David Fields

I'm a guy, I moan and whine alot, expect my wife to do it all even tho she
is sick too...... what ya expect??? LOL
ink.net...

Old December 9th 03, 12:04 AM
Kyla

I don't get sick days( I have one of those DH's that is perpetually
*sicker than me*; when I say, "Honey, I feel like crap! This cold is
killing me!", he says, "I have a cold, too, and my back hurts!"

When I am sick, my day seems to go exactly like every other day. I guess
the only difference is that instead of beading or sewing, I carry a notebook
around and doodle my plans for sewing and beading;o)

--
Kyla @Hippobottomus.com
TONS of fabric for sale! http://www.hippobottomus.com/fabsale.html

Old December 9th 03, 02:21 AM
Diana Curtis

I gotta give you points for honesty!
Di

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

"David Fields" wrote in message
I'm a guy, I moan and whine alot, expect my wife to do it all even tho she
is sick too...... what ya expect??? LOL
ink.net...