gotta share, not TOO OT

Old September 5th 03, 12:37 PM
CNYstitcher

Default gotta share, not TOO OT

day before yesterday, I had to run to the library to get a book that DH
had placed on hold and make some copies. When we got ready to leave, DS
grabbed a book off one of the display tables sigh. Before I could
correct him, I happened to glance at the cover.....it was Quilter's
Legacy by Jennifer Chiaverini! Okay, now I have read the meesages by
everyone about the books and the Elm Creek Quilters, but it is not my
usual style of book, so I have been putting off reading them (yeah,
yeah, dumb me).

My local library only had Quilter's Legacy and Round Robin, but I
checked the online catalog when I got home and have requested all the
other books from different libraries (2 are already in transit and 2 are
still considered "active" but not yet heading toward my local library).
I feel like such an idiot for not getting into these books
earlier!!!!!!!!!! I started Round Robin yesterday and am almost all the
way through it already!!! My DH has found it amusing that he actually
hears me chuckling and or sniffling as I read....so much of it touches
nerves....Sarah's relationship with Carol, Diane's strained (to put it
politely) relationship with her neighbor, Carol's childhood and lack of
emotional support from her parents....I had to explain to DH why I burst
out laughing shortly after I started reading...."Who died and made you
quilt police?" LOL

What an emotional up and down, but I absolutely love it!!!! I can't
wait to get the other ones...of course, I know that I'll have to reread
everything in the proper order, but....that's okay :-)

Larisa, finally dragged out of the narrow halls of historical romances
and fantasy/science fiction

Old September 5th 03, 02:56 PM
Kate Dicey

CNYstitcher wrote:

[...]

Hehehehehehe! I gave Little Sis one to read on her hols (lolling on a
beech or by a pool in Turkey - 'Turkey Basting', I called it!). She
liked it and wants to read more! hey 0 she also mentioned going to
Hever, which is really soon now, so we could have another quilter, when
she can unpack her house and get at her machine!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old September 5th 03, 04:26 PM
Dannielle Beitzell

Jennifer was on Simply Quilts a couple of days ago. I was way thrilled to
see the show (I TiVo them all) and hear about her stories and her quilts.
The quilts were beautiful and I can't wait to finish the series I am reading
now so I can start on her books!

--
Dannielle from NY
http://www.beitzell.com/dannielle/index.htm

Old September 6th 03, 01:14 AM
Elizabeth Young

CNYstitcher wrote:
Larisa, finally dragged out of the narrow halls of historical romances
and fantasy/science fiction

Hey! The halls of fantasy/science fiction are as wide as the world!
Science, history, sewing, anthropology, art, music, linguistics, social
science, you can find it all in f/sf.

liz in california, in a house with 9000 f/sf books. No, I am not
objective! not at all.

Old September 6th 03, 04:18 AM
CNYstitcher

LOL...well, I have limited myself to Mercedes Lackey....at least until
the Valdemar series is finished... however, there are a few scattered
books from other authors (for historical romance, another "series" by
Bertrice Small, and then a third by Nora Roberts....though I am starting
to weed her books out - when you can look at the cover and remember the
entire story, it''s time to pass them on to someone else).

Larisa

Old September 6th 03, 08:17 AM
Patti

Oh! my DH would be in literary heaven at your house. I think he's only
got about 1200!! Mind you, they do change a lot. He takes some off,
periodically, to a wonderful small town near us. It has about 30
second-hand bookshops! He usually comes back with as many as he took -
so he doesn't gain space, just stories!!
Not my cup of tea, but then ...
..
In article %F96b.367899$YN5.247102@sccrnsc01, Elizabeth Young
writes

Hey! The halls of fantasy/science fiction are as wide as the world!
Science, history, sewing, anthropology, art, music, linguistics, social
science, you can find it all in f/sf.

liz in california, in a house with 9000 f/sf books. No, I am not
objective! not at all.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 6th 03, 05:47 PM
Nell Reynolds

Half Price Books is a chain in Texas that sells used books or overstocks for
half price. They buy them for 25% of original price.
Since we are moving soon, I bundled up several plastic grocery sacks of
paperbacks and delivered them into their hands. While they were pricing
them, DH and I browsed. For the $9 we got, we bought $35 worth of others.
What is wrong with this picture?

Nell in Austin

.

Old September 7th 03, 02:19 AM
Martha in IN

Sounds like me Nell...I drove 25 miles recently to the not so LQS to save
$11.00 in postage for BubbleJetSet 2000 and spent $86.000. Hmmm, not much
saved there.
Martha

Old September 7th 03, 04:34 AM
Pati Cook

LOL.......... we also have a heck of a lot of SF/F............. especially
since DH writes it! Also have a lot of historicals, gothics, "light"
mysteries and who knows what all in this house. Lots of books.

Pati, in Phx

Old September 7th 03, 07:43 AM
Barbara Bomberger

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 04:56:06 GMT, "Donna in Idaho"
wrote:

Yeah, but Martha, just admit it - that was lots more fun than mail ordering!

some of us dont have any choice....sigh...whine...

I personally am keeping Amazon and Half Price Books in business. I am
the reason amazon has a quarterly profit, when they actually have one.

I do love living in Germany, but my American library access is not
like the good county libraries with loan status in the states.

The good thing is that I end up donating a lot to the library.

Barb

Yay! New glassy things to share Kalera Stratton Beads 25 May 14th 04 03:34 AM
OT- gotta share Cheryl Beads 17 January 7th 04 03:18 AM
Where do PC people share... Joy Quilts Polymer Clay 20 July 17th 03 04:53 PM