sticky board question

Old November 14th 03, 01:29 PM
cath

Default sticky board question

is the sticky part of sticky board also acid free?

is the glue on sticky board harmful to your stitching projects over time?

if i put a layer of thin quilt batting on the sticky part would the glue still
work it's way through the quilt batting and be harmfoul to my stitching in
years to come?

cath (tia)
Old November 14th 03, 11:59 PM
Ruth409028

is the sticky part of sticky board also acid free?

No

is the glue on sticky board harmful to your stitching projects over time?

Yes

if i put a layer of thin quilt batting on the sticky part would the glue
still
work it's way through the quilt batting and be harmfoul to my stitching in
years to come?

Yes

Take Jacques out before replying.
Old November 15th 03, 04:33 PM
Amanda Holmes

Cath,

I still use the sticky mounting boards because they come in the sizes I
need usually; HOWEVER I turn the board OVER (to the non sticky side) to
mount my project and use non-rusting tailor's pins to attach it all the
way around the edge. Needless to say, you don't remove the backing from
the sticky side. I also do this because I hate working with foam core.

Hope this helps
Amanda

Old November 15th 03, 10:38 PM
cath

thanks for answers to the things i was wondering about

cath