Finished knittinig the waistcoat!

Old June 14th 08, 02:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Default Finished knittinig the waistcoat!

Only have to sew in very many threads (about half slippery metallic ones)
and give it a wash (doesn't cotton yarn pick up the dirt!) and final press.

S'looking good :-)

Mary

Old June 14th 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Default Finished knitting the waistcoat!

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...
Only have to sew in very many threads (about half slippery metallic ones)
and give it a wash (doesn't cotton yarn pick up the dirt!) and final
press.

S'looking good :-)

Mary

Sorry, that should be 'knitting'!

Mary

Old June 15th 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

"Mary Fisher" wrote
Only have to sew in very many threads (about half slippery metallic ones)
and give it a wash (doesn't cotton yarn pick up the dirt!) and final
press.

S'looking good :-)

Mary

Congratulations! Is there a picture of it on the net somewhere?
I'm still hesitating to start one I want to make; too many UFOs
right now.

=Tamar
Old June 15th 08, 10:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote
Only have to sew in very many threads (about half slippery metallic ones)
and give it a wash (doesn't cotton yarn pick up the dirt!) and final
press.

S'looking good :-)

Mary

Congratulations! Is there a picture of it on the net somewhere?
I'm still hesitating to start one I want to make; too many UFOs
right now.

When it's dry I'll get Spouse to take a picture of me wearing it. It's from
a Vogue pattern.

=Tamar

You still haven't said how that's pronounced and if it's named for the river
:-)

Mary

Old June 15th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Mary Fisher spun a FINE 'yarn':

"Richard Eney" wrote in message
ix...
"Mary Fisher" wrote
Only have to sew in very many threads (about half slippery metallic
ones)
and give it a wash (doesn't cotton yarn pick up the dirt!) and final
press.

S'looking good :-)

Mary

Congratulations! Is there a picture of it on the net somewhere?
I'm still hesitating to start one I want to make; too many UFOs
right now.

When it's dry I'll get Spouse to take a picture of me wearing it. It's
from a Vogue
pattern.

=Tamar

You still haven't said how that's pronounced and if it's named for the
river :-)

Mary

Mary . . .

Tamar didn't answer (perhaps didn't see your query!), but Mirjam quickly
did...

I asked Richard, I don't see Mirjam's posts.

Mary

Old June 15th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 14:58:27 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Only have to sew in very many threads (about half slippery metallic ones)
and give it a wash (doesn't cotton yarn pick up the dirt!) and final
press.

S'looking good :-)

Mary

It'll be good to see the pictures Mary, it sounds very unusual.
--
You˘re only young once, but you can be immature forever
Old June 16th 08, 01:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:

"Richard Eney" wrote in message

snip
=Tamar

You still haven't said how that's pronounced and if it's named for the river
:-)

My family pronounces it to rhyme with "hammer" - unlike either
the babyname books or the river. It's from an old letter to
someone about seven generations back in the family; New England
Protestant families tended to use Biblical names, so ultimately
it's of Biblical origin.

=Tamar

Old June 16th 08, 09:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Richard Eney" wrote in message

snip
=Tamar

You still haven't said how that's pronounced and if it's named for the
river
:-)

My family pronounces it to rhyme with "hammer" - unlike either
the babyname books or the river. It's from an old letter to
someone about seven generations back in the family; New England
Protestant families tended to use Biblical names, so ultimately
it's of Biblical origin.

Thanks. Never heard of 'the babyname books' :-)

Mary

Old June 16th 08, 09:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 14:58:27 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Only have to sew in very many threads (about half slippery metallic ones)
and give it a wash (doesn't cotton yarn pick up the dirt!) and final
press.

S'looking good :-)

Mary

It'll be good to see the pictures Mary, it sounds very unusual.

It's still drying, the cotton is thick (DK) and made thicker still by the
doubled gold thread. I spun it but the final airing is taking ages. It's too
warm to light a fire to help the drying and I don't want to risk spoiling
the shape by hanging it on the line.

I can't wait to show everyone :-)

Mary

Old June 16th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 14:58:27 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote:

Only have to sew in very many threads (about half slippery metallic
ones)
and give it a wash (doesn't cotton yarn pick up the dirt!) and final
press.

S'looking good :-)

Mary

It'll be good to see the pictures Mary, it sounds very unusual.

It's still drying, the cotton is thick (DK) and made thicker still by the
doubled gold thread. I spun it but the final airing is taking ages. It's
too warm to light a fire to help the drying and I don't want to risk
spoiling the shape by hanging it on the line.

I can't wait to show everyone :-)

Bought the buttons today.

How is that even with my own sixty years of buttons, my mother's ninety
years and Spouse's mother's eighty years, I never had the right number, size
or colour of buttons in all the jars in my drawer???

Mary

2 completely finished, 1 1/4 finished, and the monster only needs binding and a label!!! off kilter [email protected] Quilting 1 May 8th 07 09:31 PM
I finished! i finished!!! yeah!!! sewamommy Quilting 10 December 17th 06 07:39 PM
I finished! i finished!!! yeah!!! sewamommy Quilting 0 December 15th 06 04:55 PM
Waistcoat/vest Help Ophelia Yarn 6 December 3rd 03 03:14 PM
Waistcoat/vest Ophelia Yarn 4 November 3rd 03 09:16 PM