05 NYCO done

Old December 29th 05, 06:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default 05 NYCO done

I finished this year's NYCO tonight - ready now to start my 06 NYCO on
Sunday. (The shawl from the yarn my son gave me for Christmas).

The v-neck I made this year came out ok but I think it is a little
bulky for me. If I were less bulky, it would probably look better.
Hmm. I wonder which is easier to remedy.

Old December 29th 05, 01:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

YAY!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
- Benjamin Disraeli (1804-1881), British politician
ups.com...

Old December 29th 05, 01:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

JCT wrote:
I finished this year's NYCO tonight - ready now to start my 06 NYCO on
Sunday. (The shawl from the yarn my son gave me for Christmas).

The v-neck I made this year came out ok but I think it is a little
bulky for me. If I were less bulky, it would probably look better.
Hmm. I wonder which is easier to remedy.

LOL I have the same problem with some of my sweaters. I am going back to the
gym today, for the first time in several months. I hope to remedy some of
the bulk by June.

Higs,
Katherine

Old December 29th 05, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Katherine" wrote in
:

JCT wrote:
I finished this year's NYCO tonight - ready now to start
my 06 NYCO on Sunday. (The shawl from the yarn my son
gave me for Christmas).

The v-neck I made this year came out ok but I think it is
a little bulky for me. If I were less bulky, it would
probably look better. Hmm. I wonder which is easier to
remedy.

LOL I have the same problem with some of my sweaters. I am
going back to the gym today, for the first time in several
months. I hope to remedy some of the bulk by June.

maybe we should have a debulking club my kid is 5 now &
weaned (finally) so i should lose the extra 20 i've been
carrying around too...
when knitting for kids, how much bigger should i knit? i'm
not real fast, especially if it's boring (i need either a
color pattern or a knit pattern or i'll get too bored to
finish). he wears a 3T/4T shirt, so knitting a size 6 sweater
should fit a few years maybe?
lee trying to think of a NYCO for myself. socks maybe
--
war is peace
freedom is slavery
Old December 29th 05, 03:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

enigma wrote:
"Katherine" wrote in
:

JCT wrote:
[...]

You know, there is an RCTY Diet Club you might be interested in. In fact,
here is the URL so you can check it out.

I think I will also make a separate post to let people know about it.

Higs,
Katherine

Old December 30th 05, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

I have updated the 2005 spreadsheet to show that you completed your
2005 project. Good for you.

Darlene in Toronto

Old December 30th 05, 08:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

enigma wrote:

when*knitting*for*kids,*how*much*bigger*should*i*k nit?*i'm
not real fast, especially if it's boring (i need either a
color pattern or a knit pattern or i'll get too bored to
finish). he wears a 3T/4T shirt, so knitting a size 6 sweater
should fit a few years maybe?
lee trying to think of a NYCO for myself. socks maybe

I tend to knit for the size that is "their-age to their-age-plus-a-bit".
That is, if I'm knitting for a 5yo, I'll knit the 5-6yo size (unless they
are nearly 6yo). OTOH, my kids are relatively small.

Also, if you are knitting big, instruct everyone who is there at the
initial try-on to *not* say "it looks a bit big", leading the child to
take it off and not want to wear it again.

(Do you need to ask how I know that :-) )

--
Penny Gaines

WIP: crotchet blanket, spotted fake fur cushion cover, 6x6
After that... jumper for ds, cushion for dd,
And then ... throw for sitting room, jumper for me

NYCO Janise Yarn 4 April 11th 05 02:07 AM
NYCO finished Janise Ross Yarn 5 April 27th 04 04:09 PM
NYCO finished, Pic. AUD Yarn 24 February 27th 04 02:08 PM
NYCO Finished! Gina Beirne Yarn 8 February 18th 04 03:08 PM
NYCO finished! Shillelagh Yarn 13 January 29th 04 05:35 PM