KellyK's worthy cause

Old May 23rd 05, 09:01 PM
Georgia

Default KellyK's worthy cause

You may remember KellyK--she posted a week or so ago, looking for clay,
books, etc. for use in the Generations of Hope (
http://www.generationsofhope.org/FAQ.htm) class she volunteered to teach. I
just saw her and gave her a book for the group--she says there are folks
from 12 to 95 in the class, and she can still use more materials.

Georgia
http://georgiamorgan.net

---
Kelly (kelk "AT" spamcop "DOT" net) had written:

I anticipate around 10 people at first, and perhaps more once it gets

going
and word of mouth spreads thru our community. This is where you good

folks
can help...while I have a lot of clay, I live on social security and won't
be able to keep up with the need, and for sure can't contribute the tools
we'll need - I just have no duplicates! Most of the kids participating
would be considered 'inner-city' except for the fact that they are in a
rural setting, so they can't do much to build their own tool collection.

GoH is a non-profit organization, so if anyone (especially vendors!) has
interest in donating clay, books (used ok) or tools, there is a tax
deduction in it for them.

Please contact me by email for more info, question, etc.

Kelly Keniston
Hope Meadows

Old May 23rd 05, 09:13 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

I sent her that sculpey sampler pack I had laying around. Happy to
donate it to a good cause.

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out
http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries,
content management and more!

Old May 24th 05, 03:36 PM
kellyK

Thank you so much, Georgia and Barbara! The next 'formal' meeting of the
clay group meets this afternoon, and I know everyone will be thrilled to
look thru the book. It will stay in the workshop and I will scan pages for
individuals' use...that way everyone can have a chance to really put it to
good use! I haven't received the clay yet (probably today), and I
**KNOW** it will be used immediately. One of our seniors is a 'red hat
lady' and already has made a red hat...and is planning to make the rest of
the lady! One of the teens is making a Bottle of Hope, and another is
going to cover a little box for her dad. Nothing will be going to waste.

For anyone wanting more info on Generations of Hope, our local paper ran
this article:
http://www.news-gazette.com/ngsearch...rder=asaphrase
and a google search on the phrase brings up lots more information, including
an article on Oprah's site showing that GoH is a recipient of Oprah's Angel
Network's "Use your Life" award...and we were sponsored by Paul Newman (one
of the hunkiest 80 year olds I've ever seen...!!!)
http://www.oprah.com/uyl/angel/uyl_angel_20000605.jhtml

This is such a good cause, and I hope polyclayers' suspicions are quelled by
now. Keep in mind that donations are tax-deductible; this isn't just an
on-the-fly kind of group.