Stoney Creek Noah's Sub

Old January 28th 08, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jinx the Minx

Default Stoney Creek Noah's Sub

Has anyone completed this chart? I've just started it and am hoping
to be able to finish it before my baby arrives in June (wishful
thinking!!). I've tried finding correction lists on the net, but what
I've found doesn't answer a couple questions I have.

My first question has to do with a discrepancy between the chart photo
and the chart itself. On the yellow part of the submarine, the photo
looks as if the line of DMC 3827 (the left pointing arrow symbol) is
split in middle and is one line higher on the right hand side than the
left. The actual chart, however, is written that this is one
continuous line (unless I've misread it). This line equates with the
very bottom line of chart on pages 3 and 4. BTW, I'm using the new
version of the chart, not the original OOP one.

My second question is about the hippo. There are two half stitches
that are listed with a red 3 symbol, which is DMC 3755, baby blue.
This blue seems so out of place I'm wondering if it's wrong. I'd go
ahead and substitute an appropriate gray color, but I'm completely
anal about doing things "right" and can't quite get myself to bypass
doing them in blue.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!!
Jinx
Old January 28th 08, 05:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C in California

Jinx the Minx wrote:

Another long-missed name comes out of the woodwork!

--
Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 1/19/08 - Sesame Street group picture

WIP: MLI The Teacher (gift to the library),
Bethany Angel, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel

www.CFSfacts.org -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Old January 28th 08, 02:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

There is a Yahoo group called BAPXS (Big A** Pictures in XS) and
several people there have completed this project and/or are working on
it. Post your questions there - I am sure someone can help!

I've also started this, but have no illusions that it will be finished
anytime soon. My goal is about 1,000 stitches between other projects,
which means I have to finish 70 other projects LOL!
Old January 28th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Heather in NY

On Jan 28, 9:53*am, lewmew wrote:
There is a Yahoo group called BAPXS (Big A** Pictures in XS) and
several people there have completed this project and/or are working on
it. *Post your questions there - I am sure someone can help!

I've also started this, but have no illusions that it will be finished
anytime soon. *My goal is about 1,000 stitches between other projects,
which means I have to finish 70 other projects LOL!

I have finished it (phew!) and will help where I can. I'm at work
right now and so don't have the chart with me. I recall noticing the
difference between the chart and the picture, but stitched it as
charted and really thought it looked better without the sudden
'jump'. I don't recall the problem in the hippo (but I stitched
(mostly) from the OOP chart). I did have a problem in the shark-type
swimmer in the bottom left. One of the symbols in his mouth was
nowhere to be found in either chart list! I ended up using a best
guess approximation. For the hippo, I recall there were a number of
places where I though things sounded odd, but looked right when
stitched. Either that or it was a subtle difference between symbols
and I was using the wrong floss...
A great site I used was Dani's he
http://www.tkdchick.com/subindex.html
She finally finished hers this past year.

Good luck and don't be overwhelmed. The sky actually stitched up
quite quickly.
It's not very pretty, or detailed, or finished, but I stitched if for
my BIL and SIL and kept updates buried on my website at:
http://www.xvart.com/xsprojects.html

Heather