Bubble skirts?

Old May 30th 06, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Default Bubble skirts?

Picked up last month's issue of a sewing mag published by the fabric
shop/chain. Talking about prom dresses. They mentioned bubble skirts as
being fashionable again. While they were around for a while in the early
90s in London, the fad didn't last long. No one ever looked good in
them.

So... are they in fashion again? Haven't seen a single one locally here
in my corner of the Southwest.
Old May 30th 06, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

In article , Arri London
wrote:

Picked up last month's issue of a sewing mag published by the fabric
shop/chain. Talking about prom dresses. They mentioned bubble skirts as
being fashionable again. While they were around for a while in the early
90s in London, the fad didn't last long. No one ever looked good in
them.

So... are they in fashion again? Haven't seen a single one locally here
in my corner of the Southwest.

Most everyone hates them; I don't know why they keep bringing them back.

--
I fear me you but warm the starved snake,
Who, cherished in your breasts, will sting your hearts. (Henry VI, Shakespeare)
Old May 31st 06, 08:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

"Arri London" wrote in message
Picked up last month's issue of a sewing mag published by the fabric
shop/chain. Talking about prom dresses. They mentioned bubble skirts
as
being fashionable again. While they were around for a while in the
early
90s in London, the fad didn't last long. No one ever looked good in
them.

So... are they in fashion again? Haven't seen a single one locally
here
in my corner of the Southwest.

The *only* place I've seen them is on extremely skinny models in TV
ads, and they don't look good even on them. Pity the poor gal who
waddles to the Prom in one of those disasters.

Old May 31st 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

BEI Design wrote:

"Arri London" wrote in message
Picked up last month's issue of a sewing mag published by the fabric
shop/chain. Talking about prom dresses. They mentioned bubble skirts
as
being fashionable again. While they were around for a while in the
early
90s in London, the fad didn't last long. No one ever looked good in
them.

So... are they in fashion again? Haven't seen a single one locally
here
in my corner of the Southwest.

The *only* place I've seen them is on extremely skinny models in TV
ads, and they don't look good even on them. Pity the poor gal who
waddles to the Prom in one of those disasters.

The rest of the prom dresses in the mag looked quite dire too LOL.
Old May 31st 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Arri London wrote:

BEI Design wrote:

"Arri London" wrote in message

Picked up last month's issue of a sewing mag published by the fabric
shop/chain. Talking about prom dresses. They mentioned bubble skirts
as
being fashionable again. While they were around for a while in the
early
90s in London, the fad didn't last long. No one ever looked good in
them.

So... are they in fashion again? Haven't seen a single one locally
here
in my corner of the Southwest.

The *only* place I've seen them is on extremely skinny models in TV
ads, and they don't look good even on them. Pity the poor gal who
waddles to the Prom in one of those disasters.

The rest of the prom dresses in the mag looked quite dire too LOL.

I don't recall ever seeing them before and that is just as well.
does look like something only seen on a runway by models who are
struggling to walk in their heels!

klh in VA
(a guy)

Old June 1st 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Here in NYC I see them on the street all the time, they are quite
popular (though not prom-dress-bubbles, obviously ) However, these
bubbles are usually made of extra-fine knit or silk chiffon or
something very drapey, so you don't get that attrocious puff that
bubble skirts are supposed to have.

Bubble skirts made of cotton are also popular here. Many are set into
a yoke to lessen bulk around the waist.

In any case, they ARE for slim young women wearing highish heels.

Alaina