Moda University

Old December 9th 05, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default Moda University

Today was the local shops first meeting of Moda University. It's a
fabric club put on by Moda along the lines of Thimbleberries and other
clubs. We meet once a month to sew and they even had some freebies for
us. There are also kits available to purchase.

I had already bought my kit so I went prepared with everything
pre-washed and cut out. It was nice to just sit and sew. The others
cut and cut and cut.

We were given an ugly tote bag (their brown and blue logo is just not
me) and four post cards from Moda. On the back of each card was a block
pattern. If we make one of those blocks during this quarter we can show
it at club and get a free fat quarter. Not a bad deal.

Any of you doing this at your local shop?

marcella
Old December 9th 05, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

In article ,
Marcella Peek wrote:

Today was the local shops first meeting of Moda University. It's a
fabric club put on by Moda along the lines of Thimbleberries and other
clubs. We meet once a month to sew and they even had some freebies for
us. There are also kits available to purchase.

I had already bought my kit so I went prepared with everything
pre-washed and cut out. It was nice to just sit and sew. The others
cut and cut and cut.

We were given an ugly tote bag (their brown and blue logo is just not
me) and four post cards from Moda. On the back of each card was a block
pattern. If we make one of those blocks during this quarter we can show
it at club and get a free fat quarter. Not a bad deal.

Any of you doing this at your local shop?

marcella

Sadly, no! I wish it were available there, since I tend to like Modas
quite well.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old December 10th 05, 02:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Wish they did that here. I like Moda much better than Thimbleberries. I
know lots of people love Thimbelberries, but I like brighter colors.
--
Donna in Idaho
Website: www.LinusIdaho.org

Old December 10th 05, 07:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Sadly no such thing here!

Don-t I wish!

Patchwork/quilting is only just getting started here in Spain, and is
still very much taking baby steps. Cannot imagine large, medium or even
small fabric manufacturers being interested in setting anything up over
he it simply would not be financially feasible.

SIGH

Claudia
Guadalajara, SPAIN

Old December 12th 05, 01:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Which LQS Sherry???? I'm like you, I don't care for Thimbleberries either.

Babs