Is everybody ready for Christmas?

Old December 23rd 03, 01:20 AM
Jenn Liace

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 03:46:45 GMT, (Linda
D.) wrote:

Just wondered how everyone is doing with handmade Christmas
gifts this year? Are any of you still going to be stitching Christmas
Eve?

I'm never ready for Christmas, I'm always still stitching on Eve - and
sometimes Day too - but everyone in my family knows this about me
anyhow. =)

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Let it Snow (Of Female Worth - JCS 2002)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old December 23rd 03, 07:38 AM
Liz Hampton

Just wondered how everyone is doing with handmade Christmas
gifts this year? Are any of you still going to be stitching Christmas
Eve?

take care, Linda

I actually did pretty well this year, partly because I've been so depressed
about our money situation that there were times when all I did was stitch.
It's better than drinking! :-)))))) The problems are still there when I'm
done stitching, but I have something constructive to show for it. :-)

I stitched three Santas for my three sisters from the Kreinick website on
small hand towels that I already had in my stash, and crocheted one afghan
each for two nephews and one of my neices. Since the kids are now 12, 14 &
16, the afghans are large enough to (hopefully) last them through their
college years. Two of the towels were mailed to Vallejo in time to be
carried to England and the three afghans and my other sister's towel arrived
at that house last Wednesday. The other two neices will get their afghans
when they move back from England. I've also been crocheting some skarves
& hats for our local Access group, which distributes things to our local
homeless / poor families. The yarn is left over from various projects of my
own, my mom and my long dead grandmother, which makes it free. :-) There's
nothing like doing something for someone else to keep me from feeling too
sorry for myself. :-)))))
Liz from Humbug

Old December 23rd 03, 01:34 PM
BDS2pds

Hi all and a very merry and happy Christmas to you all , my kindred spirits!

All done wrapping--down to cooking and baking. Guests here now until January 6.
Old December 23rd 03, 02:29 PM
Bmciowa

Please tell me I'm not the only one whose work has a mind of its own!

Katrina L.

Definitely not. When we moved to Delaware from Iowa 4 years ago, my stitched
pieces certainly had a say in where they were hung.

Sara
WIPS:Medieval Miniature #2 (Bestitched, designs by Bev) Done!
Shabbat Tabletopper (Dutch Treat)

Old December 23rd 03, 02:56 PM
Dukkum

Please tell me I'm not the only one whose work has a mind of its own!

Katrina L.

Definitely not. When we moved to Delaware from Iowa 4 years ago, my stitched
pieces certainly had a say in where they were hung.

Sara

I believe works of art always have a say, not only in where they are hung, but
in their own creation.

I do decorative painting (not fine art, but still an art form). For a while,
severral yearrs ago, I was painting angels on turned pieces of wood. There
would be times I would paint a face (I always painted the face first, else how
could "she" see what I was doing to her?), that seemed to me to be angry, or
sad, or just not what I wanted -- but I promise, you no matter how many times I
painted over it,she would always come out with the same expression as the first
attempt.

Now you skeptics may say it was more to do with imperfections in the wood, or
the quality of the paint -- but I know -- the angel inside knew what she looked
like, and was determined to get out and show herself....AS SHE WAS, and NOT as
I was trying to make her be.

I think an artist accepts these things.

Jere
Old December 25th 03, 05:32 AM
Meredith

All done and wrapped except my mom's ornament. Ah well, at least I got
the thing started! I had the hardest time with the fabric and finally
had to drive 40 minutes to get more. blech.

Anyway,

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Meredith

Old December 26th 03, 06:26 AM
BDS2pds

Well I didn't finish as much as I had hoped. Famous last words! I did not get
my son's cable cardigan done but it was a hard one and not started until too
late. I did not finish my other son's quilt either but it is mostly cut out.
Many tiny pieces. (tumbling block if you know what that is) . I did get 2
quilts done for Christmas . I also got the usual amazing amount done for
Christmas-- 12 kinds of cookies and three breads etc. etc. --you know the
drill! We have guests from December 20 through January 6 and pretty much
follow and mop after them at the moment. I am glad to have visitors but hubby
never is much of a people person so have to temper the entertainment myself
with the rest. Do all of you have to make all of the decisions for every
minute at your house? My hubby had a matriarchal (likely spelled wrong) family
where his mom had to do everything. His father never did much but follow.
Gals check out the father in law before you marry! Ha. I do so hope all of
you are having at least some time during the holiday for caring for your self a
little! We moms must take care of ourselves if the family doesn't do well in
that regard.