Christmas (stitching) wish list

Old December 14th 03, 06:38 PM
Bonnie

I asked for Checkered Christmas, Awesome Autumn, Sunny Summer and Sweet
Spring kits from M Designs. They look like fun and like they would be a
break from some of the more tedious work I am presently doing. Alas, my ICC
will have to come first! (After I finish my sister's Christmas present.)

No resolutions for me yet.
--
Bonnie

WIPs:
Something for Sis for Xmas (Shhh!)
EGA's English Band Sampler ICC
Knitted Cardigan
Knitted Amish Throw

"Russell Miller" wrote in message
What does everyone want for Christmas in the 'stitching' line?
Think we
should have a 'New Year's Resolution' list too?

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.
--
Maureen Miller C.H.

Old December 16th 03, 03:29 PM
Debra

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 12:04:16 -0800, Maureen wrote:

What does everyone want for Christmas in the 'stitching' line?
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

DH wanted to try out Thread Beds to see if he liked the system so I
ordered some of the pages and they arrived yesterday at a friends
house. I'll pick them up this evening. He also wants his hands free
of pain so he can stitch like he used to.

Mom wanted me to make her a covered basket to hold quilting supplies.
A bathroom plumbing repair that includes replacing water damaged walls
has kept me from doing that, but I have purchased a covered basket
that I can give her until I have the time to make the one she really
wants.

As for me, I want time to actually stitch. I've got about five cross
stitch projects and two big needlepoint projects waiting to be
started. I won't mention how many I have in progress, nor how long
some of them have been in progress.

Debra in VA
Old December 16th 03, 09:46 PM
Linda Wright

I've asked for the accessory kit to do Thea Dueck's Sweet Pea Gazebo -
already have the chart and am drooling over it.

Linda in Columbia, MO
Old December 16th 03, 11:12 PM
Joan Erickson

Russell Miller wrote:

What does everyone want for Christmas in the 'stitching' line?

Linda reminded me of something I'd like--the floss pack for Le Jardin
sampler that was in JCS a few years ago. The last time I checked, JCS
still had some. Hmm. Maybe that would be a good present from my
parents!

Think we should have a 'New Year's Resolution' list too?

Mine is to do the finish work on the stitching cabinet my dad made for
me. It's mostly together and currently needs to be sanded.
)))))))))

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old December 17th 03, 10:54 PM
Ellice

On 12/13/03 10:25 PM,"Sampler45" posted:

What does everyone want for Christmas in the 'stitching' line?

I'm hoping for Drawn Thread's Marriage of the Minds Sampler along with the
fabric and silks. I left explict directions in DH's book that he's currently
reading. Here's hoping he doesn't lose the paper LOL.

That's a gorgeous piece. I have the Alpine Garden sampler - kitted, but not
yet started. Hmmmm, well, maybe I'll leave this one laying around, as well.

I've turned a page in a mag open to the new Ott lamp - the Arial -it's a
big, long bulb - comes as a stand, and with the clamp base as well.
Hopefully he'll figure out why this magazine is open to this page on his
nightstand. I've also hinted for some tiny tools - like a boo-boo stick or
a doo-lolly kind of thing. I don't really need much - amazing.

And I'm trying to find a way to hint for some adjustable stretcher bars
-they're really nice, and I could use a couple of pairs - just picking the
sizes - since they're $15 - $18 a pair. But, I have an order form, and the
website for them - so maybe that will mysteriously appear in his e-mail.

The other thing - been lusting for this new mat cutter - so I think that we
might convince his crazy sister to go for that - she likes us to tell her
exactly what we want. Last year - we got 3 different mushroom gardens!

Ellice

ellice

Old December 18th 03, 12:39 PM
BDS2pds

This is the first year since 1972 that I have not gotten myself a stitching
treat for Christmas yet . No one understands the art of stitching in my family
group so I always bought it for myself. I have not opened mine from last year
!!! (Leon Conrad Elizabethan Elegance book and threads) . What gadget is new ?
Need to shop for myself now....
Old December 18th 03, 03:59 PM
Bungadora

On 12/13/03 10:25 PM,"Sampler45" posted:

What does everyone want for Christmas in the 'stitching' line?

We went to a gift exchange amongst my brothers and sisters this year, with a
$50-60C limit. Much less stressful, except I think people will be
giving/getting a lot of gift certificates.

I asked for the Jane Nicholas books on stumpwork, or a good pair of embroidery
scissors. Alternatively I might get a pair of pruning shears from Lee Valley,
but we'll see.

Dora
Old December 19th 03, 02:34 AM
Bungadora

Well, I moved into a place last summer with a back yard which was rather
neglected - virgin territory, more or less. I had the bushes cut back to the
fence and gained about 4 feet. I'll have to do a lot of tidying up of stray
branches for the next couple of years, because the hedge now looks like a bad
haircut.

However, I'm hoping for the Jane Nicholas book(s). My brother got my name, so I
included as much information as possible, including ISBN numbers.
Dora
Cheryl Isaak Both great choices - stitching or

gardening!
Cheryl
--
Cheryl Isaak