Looking for Pattern

Old March 5th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Default Looking for Pattern

I was rootling through my very messy stash (trying to straighten up the
sewing space) and found some fabric with Hawaiian shirts on it. Does someone
know of a pattern that would showcase this fabric?
TIA

--
Donna in NE La.

Old March 5th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Donna:
Is this an all over print with the shirts tossed across the fabric? Are the
shirts a medium size? Check the print to see what would be a good size
square. If you can get a nice cut at 6" to 9" square, look for some basic
patterns built around simple squares. I suggest Warm Wishes at
quiltmaker.com. It is a free pattern and lots of fun. We Divas have used it
several times for Quilts of Valor, but we changed the dimensions to suit our
needs. Go check the site, then if you like it, you may want to email me for
more info.

PAT in VA/USA

. ..

Old March 5th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Make up a pattern like a kimono pattern? but alter the shape slightly to
make it a shirt shape? g
..
In message , Donna in NE
La. writes
I was rootling through my very messy stash (trying to straighten up the
sewing space) and found some fabric with Hawaiian shirts on it. Does someone
know of a pattern that would showcase this fabric?
TIA

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old March 5th 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Kaleidoscopes?

Some truly ugly and garish fabrics are transformed by using
them in kaleidoscope designs. Doesn't have to involve
complex piecing. Four repeats of a section of the print set
as QSTs can make lovely tile patterns, and the squares are
easier to piece/join than triangles.

But then again - you didn't say if the fabric was ugly or
if you wanted to "feature" the shirts in the print
--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"Donna in NE La." wrote in message
. ..
:I was rootling through my very messy stash (trying to
straighten up the
: sewing space) and found some fabric with Hawaiian shirts
on it. Does someone
: know of a pattern that would showcase this fabric?
: TIA
:
: --
: Donna in NE La.
:
:

Old March 5th 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Thanks, Patti, that is a good idea. I hadn't thought of that.

--
Donna in NE La.
"Patti" wrote in message
Make up a pattern like a kimono pattern? but alter the shape slightly to
make it a shirt shape? g
.
In message , Donna in NE La.
writes

Old March 5th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Yes, it is an all over print. I have made a couple of quilts from that Warm
Wishes pattern--I love that pattern. And it just might work!!

--
Donna in NE La.

Old March 5th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in NE La.[_2_]

Was thinking of featuring the shirt fabric but.....
Now I have a few ideas and just have to decide what direction I want to go!!

--
Donna in NE La.