OT completely OT! question about ipod shuffles

Old February 21st 08, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default OT completely OT! question about ipod shuffles

But one thing that I found convenient is that she gets an "iTunes
Allowance" -- I set up an account for her that automatically puts a set
amount of $$ into her iTunes account and she can buy music whenever she
wants (and her spending is controlled and she's learned to only get the
music she REALLY wants) as long as she gets her chores done,

I am deleting almost all of your posting on the off chance that My
wife will see it. I hope the thought of putting me on a musical
allowance, doesn't cross her mind or all is lost. She has mentioned
that what we really need is a new and larger storage space for all
those CD's that we both seem to be collecting. So far the size has
graduated to 3' wide and 5' tall with sized compartments for the
various categories of music, and of course a division of his and hers
areas. Of course, it must match the existing style in the area that
she has chosen for placement. Oak and stained to match the other
bookcase. Sigh! This means an extended stay in the basement and eating
a lot of sawdust. Like I said, the accessories will put you in the
poor house. Do they still have poor houses? If so I might just be
ready to self commit.

John
Old February 21st 08, 04:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

iPods do indeed load from PC's. I got a big one (30 gig) for my anniversary
last year (wow, that's TODAY!! Gotta get a card...) and
love it. iTunes is easy to use and all iPods load and charge from your
computer's...whatchamacallit port, where the Flash drive plugs in... my
gosh, my brain is GONE this morning! Anyway, I love mine and it sounds like
a Shuffle is ideal for what you want.
--
Debi

Education is when you read the instructions. Experience is what you get when
you don't.
"CATS" wrote in message
I have so far steered clear of this technology but I am
thinking of getting something to allow me to carry music
with me on train trips.
http://tinyurl.com/24k8vq
Do these load from PCs? I do not have a Mac, so I was
hoping someone here might have one or could point me in the
right direction for clear (as in "written for dummies")
specifications. I do not want or need a full ipod (40,000
tunes!!?) or any video capability (can't see a TV screen so
3" screens are out!). I just need something to hold a
couple of hundred favourite tunes to while away the time on
trips.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

Old February 21st 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr[_3_]

I just ordered the 80GB Zune. Yes, it does more than what I will probably
ever need, but I wanted that particular one. I had researched all the data
from PC World and other magazines for the last 2-3 months, and it got the
best reviews. I also liked it better than the ipod because of it's Wi Fi
capability. Both our computers are Wi Fi so I wanted one that had that
capability. My brand new 2008 Ford Fusion has SYNC so I can give it voice
commands to tell it what songs/artist to play. We will probably go get our
blue tooth enabled phones next week, and I can give it voice commands to
make phone calls. Don't you just love all the new technology!

Sherry Starr

Old February 21st 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN

I have a small stereo system with a USB port, so I can plug a flash
drive into it and play MP3s from the flash drive. How do I get music
from a CD into MP3 format so that I can put it on the flash drive?

Julia in MN
-----------
http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/
-----------

Old February 21st 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
FiederEls in NL

"CATS" wrote in :

I have so far steered clear of this technology but I am
thinking of getting something to allow me to carry music
with me on train trips.
http://tinyurl.com/24k8vq
Do these load from PCs? I do not have a Mac, so I was
hoping someone here might have one or could point me in the
right direction for clear (as in "written for dummies")
specifications. I do not want or need a full ipod (40,000
tunes!!?) or any video capability (can't see a TV screen so
3" screens are out!). I just need something to hold a
couple of hundred favourite tunes to while away the time on
trips.

I have an Ipod mini.. 4 gig..got it about 5yrs ago..
I use it a lot.
I download cd's into I-Tunes.. or buy music from I-Tunes or download
music using Limewire and import that into I-Tunes and on my I-Pod..
I charge my I-Pod the normal way ( charger was included ) and it can also
be charched through my Laptop, but that takes longer..
I used the "retrieve" button on I-Tunes and stored all my music on
recovery disks ( you never know .. don't want to lose my music..)
and made extra folders.. (i got thousands of songs stored in the
libraryfolder..way too much for that 4 gig) and when i log my I-Pod on to
my I-Tunes i tell it which folder(s) i want to have put on my I-Pod.
I also us I-Tunes to play my music without my I-Pod.. i connected my
Laptop on to Harman Kardon speakers with Subwoofer and boy.. does that
sound goooood! uhmm yes.. i am kind of a music junky.. lol
Oh and i got In-ear headphones.. the original headphone doesn't fit my
ears....
I-Pod is my best friend.. in my car..while walking..sometimes at work..
while waiting on my turn in hospital and so on.. i LOVE it!

Els.
Old February 21st 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
allisonh

Default OT podcasts

Once you get into ipods or similar technology you might want to check
out podcasts. There are lots of free ones available - I have been
downloading shows from CBC Radio here in Canada - interesting interviews
with authors and all kinds of other topics. I listen to them and then
delete them to make room for new ones. Good for when you want something
other than music.
Allison

Old February 21st 08, 06:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
FiederEls in NL

allisonh wrote in news:47bdbaa9$0$17399
:

Once you get into ipods or similar technology you might want to check
out podcasts. There are lots of free ones available - I have been
downloading shows from CBC Radio here in Canada - interesting

interviews
with authors and all kinds of other topics. I listen to them and then
delete them to make room for new ones. Good for when you want

something
other than music.
Allison

Yes..Podcasts are great.. but also audiobooks.. oh i love it!

Els.

Old February 21st 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

LOL, John, I think that if she gave you a music allowance, it would be
limitless!!
You're an absolute gem, John ... and don't you EVER let her forget that!!!!

--
Connie
http://sewverycreative.blogspot.com

Old February 21st 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Can't you do that through Windows Media Player?

I am new to all this. My music all sits on the "spare" hard
drive of my PC ATM. I am only just venturing into ipod/mp3
player territory.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o
( Y ) ( Y ) and ( Y )
Boofhead Donut Rasputin
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Julia in MN" wrote
in message ...
:I have a small stereo system with a USB port, so I can plug
a flash
: drive into it and play MP3s from the flash drive. How do I
get music
: from a CD into MP3 format so that I can put it on the
flash drive?
:
: Julia in MN
: -----------
: This message has been scanned for viruses by Norton
Anti-Virus

Old February 21st 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative[_3_]

This may be a bit off-the-wall, but if you have a cellphone and are up for
renewing your contract soon, I'd suggest you at least think about getting a
cellphone that doubles as an MP3 player ...

I have the Sony Walkman (AT&T, formerly Cingular) W800i and I LOVE it!! It
cost me $50 (when renewing my contract -- normally retailed for about $300)
and plays music, video, etc. And I went and bought a 1GB memory stick for
$20 (and am now thinking of getting the 4GB stick) ... add to that the 512Mb
memory that comes with the phone, I have 1 1/2 GBs of memory for only $70.

You'll be able to get a 2GB Shuffle for $70 soon ... but Shuffles don't play
video and they don't make cell calls!!

ISO Ipod Pattern Sandy Quilting 8 September 1st 07 09:20 PM
ipod [email protected] Quilting 6 February 4th 05 02:22 AM
Free iPod [email protected] Needlework 0 December 19th 04 05:55 AM
Free ipod FL Beads 0 November 17th 04 07:39 PM
Question: COMPLETELY OT mkahogan Beads 16 April 17th 04 06:38 PM