What I got in the mail!

Old January 21st 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default What I got in the mail!

The mail man rang my doorbell a little while ago. Had a package too big to
put in the box. Trish from Sydney sent me a sack of goodies like I've never
seen before. Beautiful embroidery magazines (I had no idea these magazines
even existed!) quilt magazine, tea, chocolate, newspapers.

I was shocked and delighted.

What a sweetie!

Cindy

Old January 22nd 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

teleflora wrote:
.... Trish from Sydney sent me a sack of goodies like I've never
seen before. Beautiful embroidery magazines (I had no idea these magazines
even existed!) quilt magazine, tea, chocolate, newspapers. ....
Cindy

THE most talented needlework artists and designers are from OZ. The
needlework magazines that are published there make a lot of the stuff we
have here in the States look almost like beginner designs. VBS -- ahhhh
what I wouldn't give to take a few classes from some of the OZ surface
embroidery designers!!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^
Old January 22nd 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
teleflora wrote:
.... Trish from Sydney sent me a sack of goodies like I've never
seen before. Beautiful embroidery magazines (I had no idea these
magazines even existed!) quilt magazine, tea, chocolate, newspapers. ....
Cindy

THE most talented needlework artists and designers are from OZ. The
needlework magazines that are published there make a lot of the stuff we
have here in the States look almost like beginner designs. VBS -- ahhhh
what I wouldn't give to take a few classes from some of the OZ surface
embroidery designers!!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^

I am just in awe. These designs are so beautiful, they don't look real. On
the other hand, the flowers are so perfect they DO look real. How are they
so far ahead of anything I've seen done here? Of course, the only hand work
the American magazines focus on is cross stitch. Not that there is anything
wrong with cross stitch, but there is just so much more beautiful work out
there.

I wonder if I could subscribe to one of these magazines for under $500/year?

Cindy

Old January 22nd 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I subscribe to Aust. P&Q. The shipping costs almost as much as the magazine,
but it's worth it to me as I can't find it locally on a regular basis. I
think I pay (IIRC) $100 for a year, including postage.

--
Wendy
De-STUFF email address to reply
"teleflora" wrote in message

Old January 22nd 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

It's because the mag publishers all think we want FAST FAST FAST. Maybe a
few of us should write and REQUEST patterns that take a bit of time. I just
no longer subscribe to a number of them as they are so easy, no challenge,
nothing that hasn't been repeated a gazillion times in different color
schemes. My LQS gets the Australian Patchwork and Quilting mag and she holds
it for me until I can go pick them up. Yes, she offered to mail them but I
told her I 'needed' to get out somewhere besides Drs and grocery stores : )
We are having our Quilt show next weekend but I don't dare go--just can't
afford hurting my foot.

Butterfly

Old January 22nd 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

dont they have wheel chairs to use at the show?
is there anywhere you could borrow a wheelchair for a day?
surely drs office has one you could borrow or how about asking him where you
could borrow one to get around the quilt show. seems a shame to miss out on
that.
as you say, you gotta get out for something other than drs appts, argh.
the dr ought to realize that kind of therapy is just what you need.
i'd ask around and see who can come up with a suggestion on borrowing, free
of course, a w/chair for the day. just my suggestion on it.
cheers,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

"Butterfly" wrote...

Old January 22nd 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Butterfly:
Is that your local guild show?? Just call the Show Chairman and
explain about your boo-boo, and request 'early entrance'.
Usually, some of the Show Committee is on site not less than 30
or 45 minutes before opening hour.
PAT in VA/USA, veteran of several Show Committees!

....cut...

Old January 22nd 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

"Tia Mary" wrote in message
teleflora wrote:
.... Trish from Sydney sent me a sack of goodies like I've never
seen before. Beautiful embroidery magazines (I had no idea these
magazines even existed!) quilt magazine, tea, chocolate, newspapers. ....
Cindy

THE most talented needlework artists and designers are from OZ. The
needlework magazines that are published there make a lot of the stuff we
have here in the States look almost like beginner designs. VBS -- ahhhh
what I wouldn't give to take a few classes from some of the OZ surface
embroidery designers!!!! CiaoMeow ^;;^

Whoo Hoo! I just subscribed to Inspirations magazine. Gorgeous stuff.
http://www.countrybumpkin.com.au/shop2/
Cindy

Old January 22nd 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Didn't ask the Dr. Just know from past experience that it is VERY EASY for
someone to bump into you. They are looking at a quilt and step back to take
a pix and there you are with your foot stepped on.....
I did have an offer of someone pushing the wheelchair, but once again, I
just don't think it would be worth it--getting banged into with eh pin
still in my toe. I wouldn't want to PAY them for pulling the pin out as it
does have a 'hook with bead' on the end of it.(I have visions of them
dropping their backpack on my foot and whipping it off....) Sure it would
save me a trip to the Dr's office and his fee....but... oh never mind.
I am setting my goal on getting to HOUSTON one of these years and right now
I'm hoping THIS YEAR. Not making reservations or buying an early ticket or
anything else, far too early in the year for this gal to do so.
Speaking of which--if any of you besides Jeanne have read this far--and have
attended Houston: what days of the week are the best to go to the
show--least amount of ppl? What kinds of 'food' do they serve? Would it be
better for me to plan on having lunch before I go and then eat after I left
or going first thing in the AM and leaving by noon? I only last 2 hours per
day at any thing--(even at my fav LQS)? Do ppl mainly start by going right
so I should start by going left?
That kind of thing.

Butterfly