Christmas Ornament Exchange

Old July 15th 05, 08:01 AM
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Default Christmas Ornament Exchange

Anybody interested in doing a Christmas ornament exchange as a secret pal
exchange or____?

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

--
Maureen Miller
Http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...5909&members=1

Old July 15th 05, 11:55 AM
gundoc

I would love to be in this one. Please tell me more about how you're going
to do this swap. Thanks!
Marcie
"Maureen In Vancouver, B.C." wrote in
message news:ZaJBe.1958198$Xk.1636501@pd7tw3no...
Anybody interested in doing a Christmas ornament exchange as a secret pal
exchange or____?

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

--
Maureen Miller

Http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...=3175909&membe
rs=1

Old July 15th 05, 02:06 PM
Raymonde Boulay

Hi,

I would be very much interested in participating in this also.

Raymonde
Moncton, NB Canada

Old July 15th 05, 03:25 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Maureen, every year I have an ornament exchange. So that there are no:
"I didn't get one!", here's how I run it (and any of you are welcome
to participate - you just need to register at my forum):

You agree to participate. When you have finished your ornament,
(there's a loose deadline), you post that you're done. Sometimes some
people need a few extra days, and occasionally we miss getting it before
the holiday. (We're grown ups, we'll survive.)

I nominate a person from the list of those who have said, "I'm done."
They put names on paper and pull them out of a "hat". So the first name
exchanges with the second name, etc.

In this manner, there's no favoritism, and nobody gets left out that
actually makes one. I've been in swaps in the past and gotten taken.
This eliminates that. You don't finish, you don't get an ornament.

I've had an exchange for the past five years and every time it's been a
delight. We post pictures of the finished ornaments. I treasure mine.
Some of the counted stitch ones are just lucious - as are the ribbon
and surface embroidery ones.

Dianne

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C. wrote:
Anybody interested in doing a Christmas ornament exchange as a secret pal
exchange or____?

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

Old July 15th 05, 10:28 PM
emerald

"Maureen In Vancouver, B.C." wrote in
message news:ZaJBe.1958198$Xk.1636501@pd7tw3no...
Anybody interested in doing a Christmas ornament exchange as a secret pal
exchange or____?

Count me in please, Maureen - long as I only have to make *one* ornament.

emerald

Old July 15th 05, 10:38 PM
Karen C - California

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:
I nominate a person from the list of those who have said, "I'm done."
They put names on paper and pull them out of a "hat". So the first name
exchanges with the second name, etc.

An excellent idea. We did one in a group I'm a member of last year, and
about half the people who sent never got one in return.

As you say, we're grown-ups, it's not necessary to have it here before
the holidays, but it would have been nice for those who didn't finish in
time to get it to their partner in January, instead of blowing it off
completely.

--
Karen C - California
Finished 6/28/05 - Painted Bunting (Bucilla)

WIP: 50th Anniversary sampler for my parents, July birthstone
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs at TyWolfeDesigns.com

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
blogging at http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old July 15th 05, 10:48 PM
gundoc

I have hosted the "Handmade Christmas Ornament" before. What I did was One
on One swap and it's turned out wonderful!!!!!!!! It was much easier on
everyone who joined in my swap and never had any problems. I WOULD love to
host one right now and start sign in with me. As of right now I am working
on christmas ornaments (as I do all year round to get them out of the way).
If you're interesting to join in my swap - just email me at
and type in subject (One on One christmas ornament
swap). I will explain more in emails. Thanks!
Marcie

Old July 15th 05, 11:57 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

There still runs the problem of: one person finishes and the other doesn't.

The most honest way is to say, "I'm done!" and then your name goes on a
list. It's not very likely that anyone will say they're finished if
they're not. And no one is humiliated if they don't finish. There's
been a few times that people have said, "I just will have to wait until
next year."

I used to be in several swaps and got stung more than once. These were
one-on-one as well as a pool of stitchers who names were exchanged in
advance.

Dianne

Old July 16th 05, 12:15 AM
gundoc

I would suggest for those who wants to join in my One on One ornament - will
start taking names now until Sept 15th and mail them out on November 1 (some
of you all like to get the christmas decorations out early). That would
gives us some times to get them done and mail that ornament to your partner
that I sign you up with. I will tell you in this newsgroup of how many
people sign up. The ornaments MUST be handmade (can be paint, plastic
canvas, clay, wood, cross-stitch, sewing, bead - anything that you can
make). DO NOT make the ornament in candies or cookies (it will break in the
mail deliveries). Please email me at if you have any
questions. I have done this ornament swap and never had any problems with my
swaps. Thanks!
Marcie (Marcella is my real name but go by Marcie)

Old July 16th 05, 06:15 PM
Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

Since coming up with what I thought was a brilliant original idea, it seems
there have been other ornament exchanges, and this is not a novel idea. So
I think what I'll do is go with this idea and start the ball rolling anyway.

I would like to have all participating make a needlework Christmas ornament.
Hardanger, crochet, cross stitch, bobbin lace, petit point, doesn't matter.
Just so long as it's hand made and done with a needle. How does that sound.
I will send my address to everyone who has asked to join this round, and in
turn, send you the address of the person you are making the ornament for.
How does that sound? Sounds like this will be a blast! LET'S DO IT!
))))))

Maureen In Vancouver, B.C.

--

"emerald" wrote in message

"Maureen In Vancouver, B.C." wrote in
message news:ZaJBe.1958198$Xk.1636501@pd7tw3no...

Anybody interested in doing a Christmas ornament exchange as a secret

pal

exchange or____?

Count me in please, Maureen - long as I only have to make *one* ornament.

emerald

--
"The Journal of Needlework" - The E-zine for All Needleworkers
http://journal.heritageshoppe.com

!997 Just CrossStitch Christmas Ornament magazine Mavia Beaulieu Needlework 0 June 15th 05 01:54 AM
OT - A Dog's Christmas Promises LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 5 December 24th 03 04:14 AM
Ornament exchange The Laws Quilting 6 December 4th 03 11:10 PM
christmas ornament pattern blue Beads 1 November 27th 03 03:47 PM