Smocking

Old July 5th 05, 11:48 AM
Shannon

Default Smocking

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a pattern for a smocked baby
nightie? Just the little flannel ones with a tie in the back. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks, Shannon.

Old July 5th 05, 09:04 PM
CypSew

Have you looked at Sew Beautiful magazines or on their website? Martha
Pullen does lots of smockiing and her magazines(S B) are always full of
smocking patterns and ideas. Do a search for Sew Beautiful and/or Martha
Pullen. She is on the PBS channels in many parts of the USA, not sure about
other countries.
HTH
Emily

Old July 5th 05, 10:42 PM
Kay Lancaster

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 06:48:39 -0400, Shannon wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a pattern for a smocked baby
nightie? Just the little flannel ones with a tie in the back. Any help
would be appreciated. Thanks, Shannon.

The folks who do "heirloom sewing" are usually the ones who also smock.
I think you're looking for a "daygown pattern".

http://www.google.com/search?q=heirl...ch&hl=e n&lr=

Sew Beautiful magazine typically has a daygown pattern included every few
issues.