AD - BeadDay Night Madness!

Old April 19th 05, 07:49 AM
Kalera Stratton

Default AD - BeadDay Night Madness!

How many times can I squeeze a football reference into my weekly
announcements? When will I tire of this terrible joke? Hmmm... it is a
mystery!

Despite being completely freaking out at the prospect of teaching my
first class, I managed to get a lot of beads made last week... Breezy
says that I overwork myself when I'm stressed, which makes sense in a
backward sort of way. I did have a tremendous amount of fun testing my
new student torches, which are Carlisle Minis, and discovering that they
handle dichroic beautifuly for some mysterious reason... and that
discovery prompted me to make a pile of floral focals, because nothing
screams "FLORAL!" to me like dichro! I also went a little nuts with the
seashell technique that Dawn taught me, although I didn't break out the
boro all week and she's right, it *would* look fantastic in boro. I'm
still caught in the throes of infatuation with Luster frits, and they
look tooo cool on seashells:

http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=2895
http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=2933

http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=442

I also got a new load of frits from Olympic Color Rods, and some of them
are to DIE for, so I played with those a lot and also revisited some of
my favorite styles, like Bright Creek and Nebulae, as well as making
some teeny bracelet-sized luster seashell sets and my favorite this
week, a glowy deep-red set with metallic raised scrolls:

http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=2884
http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=2928

Sets:
http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=31

Pairs:
http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=728

I also put up some dichro cab sets:
http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=143

Breezy has been doing some AWESOME work with retro colors and quirky
designs:

http://www.beadwife.com/detail.tpl?ItemID=2880

Breezybeads:
http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=737

Thanks for looking, have a great week!

--
-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
Old April 19th 05, 07:59 AM
Paulette Insall

I was just over at your site looking around at all the new goodies! My
goodness you have been cranking the beads this week girl! Wish I could say
the same.

Gorgeous new stuff, but I wouldn't expect any less from you. You're always
wowing me! Keep it up chickie!!

--
Paulette
SPIglass Studio ~ miniature works of art in glass

My eBay auctions ~ eBay ID: flutterbearies
http://search.ebay.com/spiglass-lampwork

My web journal
http://www.spiglass-studio.com/journal.htm

Old April 19th 05, 08:53 AM
Dr. Sooz

gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Old April 19th 05, 04:31 PM
FurPaw

I've always loved dichroic work, but I didn't really understand how
"dichro would scream FLORAL!... until I saw your dichroic floral
beads! OMG!

Carol in NM

Kalera Stratton wrote:
[...]

"Here we go round the prickly pear
At five o'clock in the morning."
- T. S. Eliot

To reply, unleash the dog
Old April 19th 05, 05:58 PM
Polly S.

Dr. Sooz wrote:
gaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

omtp and sigh

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old April 19th 05, 07:41 PM
Polly S.

Finally... I understand what you mean by edible looking beads!

Kalera, your BOMC... they're like beautiful perfect little apples.
Beautiful beads!!!

http://www.beadwife.com/?CategoryID=742

--
Polly

--
don't spook my groove...
icq 13968113
Old April 19th 05, 09:57 PM
Kandice Seeber

Good Goddess, Kalera - the floral focals and the little vessels are killing
me!!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old April 19th 05, 10:39 PM

the BOMC beads happened to be perfect for me this month. I got three of
those with my last purchase, and they go oh so well with a top I bought
last month. I'm going to make a necklace out of them to wear with it.

-Amber.

Old April 19th 05, 10:44 PM

I swear, I love your beads more every week. if I'm not careful, I'm
going to start twitching like a crack addict every monday morning,
waiting for new beads to go up.

-Amber.

Old April 21st 05, 01:06 AM
Kalera Stratton

Thanks, Paulette! I manage to always make more than I think I made... I
don't think I know how to rest, LOL!