Daring Halter Top knitting pattern.

Old February 9th 04, 12:59 AM
Warmhands

Default Daring Halter Top knitting pattern.

Daring Halter Top
You will need: 4 skeins (50 grams each) cotton/acrylic blend worsted weight
yarn.
1 size 9 circular needle, 24 inces long.
1 pair size 7 needles (straight or circular).

Working with a double strand of yarn, make a stockinette swatch with size 9
needles, and check your gauge. If it is not 31\2 stitches per inch across,
change your needle size to match it.

Cast on 54(60) stitches onto size 9 circular needle. Work in knit 2, Purl 2
ribbing until piece measures 2 (3) inches.

Knit in stockinette stitch for 2 inches. Your entire piece should measure
4(5) inches. You will now begin to decrease.

Row 1: k1 , k2tog, k until 3 stitches remain on your needle, slip 1, knit 1,
pass slipped stitch over, knit last stitch.
Row 2: Purl.
Repeat these two rows 19 times until 16 (20) stitches remain on the needles.
You will decrease 2 stitches every time you repeat row.

Bind off .
Make the halter ties by using size 7 needles to pick up 3 stitches per tie
from edge of the halter.
Knit each tie in garter stitch, using a single strand of yarn, until it is
11 inches long.
Weave in and trim the loose ends.

If you try it please e-mail me and let me know how it works out.
directions are small and med.
Good luck I hope you enjoy this pattern. Knit it up before the next heat
weave ..
Take Care all.

Old February 9th 04, 01:22 AM
Karen in MN

This sounds like an interesting pattern! Unfortunately, the most daring I
get these days is to leave the top button of my cardigan open.

Old February 9th 04, 01:57 AM
Katherine

Well, this sounds interesting. I have sent it to myself. Just out of
curiosity, what sizes are "small" and "medium"?
I am in no rush to make it, as our temps are dropping to -36°C again
tonight.
Katherine

Old February 9th 04, 01:57 AM
Katherine

Karen in MN wrote:
This sounds like an interesting pattern! Unfortunately, the most
daring I get these days is to leave the top button of my cardigan
open.

LOL
Katherine

Old February 9th 04, 05:54 AM
Warmhands

Yes I agree but it will fit my 9 year old girl... But may be you change the
numbers to make it bigger and try it out I am not a novice knitter....