Look who's stitching now!

Old April 1st 10, 01:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman[_2_]

Default Look who's stitching now!

DD sent me this article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...857438962.html

--
Susan Hartman
Old April 1st 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Apr 1, 8:54�am, Susan Hartman wrote:
DD sent me this article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...57513999085743...

--
Susan Hartman

As soon as DB walked in the door the other day he handed me the
front page of the WSJ and pointed this out to me. I had a DU, a
steelworker, who did needlepoint.

Nancy
Old April 1st 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher

On 01/04/2010 14:40, Nancy wrote:
On Apr 1, 8:54�am, Susan wrote:
DD sent me this article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...57513999085743...

--
Susan Hartman

As soon as DB walked in the door the other day he handed me the
front page of the WSJ and pointed this out to me. I had a DU, a
steelworker, who did needlepoint.

Nancy

In WW2 my late FIL was a Physical Training Instructor who became a
Warrant Officer in a Royal Marine Commando unit and took part in raiding
parties into northern France. In his spare time he did cross-stitch and
produced exquisite designs which were so neat that you couldn't tell
which was the back and which was the front.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old April 1st 10, 03:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

On Apr 1, 8:54�am, Susan wrote:
DD sent me this article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...57513999085743...

--
Susan Hartman

As soon as DB walked in the door the other day he handed me the
front page of the WSJ and pointed this out to me. I had a DU, a
steelworker, who did needlepoint.

Nancy

In WW2 my late FIL was a Physical Training Instructor who became a Warrant
Officer in a Royal Marine Commando unit and took part in raiding parties
into northern France. In his spare time he did cross-stitch and produced
exquisite designs which were so neat that you couldn't tell which was the
back and which was the front.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
(Remove dentures to reply)

I knew a Narc (a New York Narcotics Cop) who knitted beautiful sweaters in
his spare time.

Old April 1st 10, 07:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley Shone[_2_]

In message , Bruce Fletcher
writes
On 01/04/2010 14:40, Nancy wrote:
On Apr 1, 8:540 DD sent me this article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...57513999085743...

--
Susan Hartman

As soon as DB walked in the door the other day he handed me the
front page of the WSJ and pointed this out to me. I had a DU, a
steelworker, who did needlepoint.

Nancy

In WW2 my late FIL was a Physical Training Instructor who became a
Warrant Officer in a Royal Marine Commando unit and took part in
raiding parties into northern France. In his spare time he did
cross-stitch and produced exquisite designs which were so neat that you
couldn't tell which was the back and which was the front.

My DH used to embroider.
When he was in Malta and I lived out there with him, just after our
marriage. I took a table cloth with me to embroider.
He asked me to show him how to do it because it was a hobby that did not
take up much space in his small locker. He did all the chain stitch,
lazy daisy, french knots and feather stitch. Then brought back to me to
do the satin stitch. It is still in use 55 years later.
Hugs
Shirley
--
Shirley Shone

www.allcrafts.org.uk

Old April 1st 10, 09:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Shirley Shone[_2_]

In message , Shirley Shone
writes
In message , Bruce Fletcher
writes
[...]

Sorry to follow my own post.
I should have wrote he was in the Royal Navy and took the needle work to
sea with him
Shirley.
--
Shirley Shone

www.allcrafts.org.uk

Old April 2nd 10, 12:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Susan Hartman wrote:
DD sent me this article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...857438962.html

I well remember when my late husband was stationed aboard one of the
VERY earliest Polaris Subs. Very early 60s. He had a good friend who
spent spare time knitting twin-sets for his wife.

He was a delightful person, and he and his wife were friends of ours for
several years.

Those that remember those days realize that was a fine yarn, and small
needles. The men were incommunicado from the outside world from 60-90
days. If I had died in childbirth, as I nearly did, he would never have
known until the patrol was over.

I suspect that made us tough women. LOL

Old April 5th 10, 04:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Apr 1, 7:54*am, Susan Hartman wrote:
DD sent me this article:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...57513999085743...

Forwarded to DSis, whose son is a trucker between ND & TX.

Thanks!

Joan

So - what are you stitching Cheryl Isaak Needlework 78 July 2nd 09 03:08 PM
New stitching tip Joan E. Needlework 1 May 19th 08 05:53 PM
Stitching & me Pirjo Ilvesvuori Needlework 0 November 20th 04 01:15 PM
Stitching and something else Mlle Ilvesvuori Needlework 2 February 24th 04 07:50 AM
If you are behind in your stitching!! Fred Needlework 9 October 2nd 03 04:48 PM