Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter

Old August 1st 11, 03:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
rockytop

Default Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \
| \
| \ )
|| (___\====
judya

Hi all - I just joined this discussion group due to my frustration with
trying to use my Mega Quilter. It is a Viking - the mid arm size and is
giving me fits related to tension. I took it to the shop for evaluation
and it is no better after $150.00 in repairs and tune ups.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 176602 messages and counting!
Old August 1st 11, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

What types of problems are you having? Loops on top? Loops on bottom?
Does it happen when you're sewing in one direction or another?

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

On 8/1/2011 9:06 AM, rockytop wrote:

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \

Old August 1st 11, 03:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
rockytop

responding to
http://www.sewgirls.com/quilting/Hus...er-179562-.htm
rockytop wrote:

rockytop wrote:
It skips stitches when I am sewing circles or slow down - lots of
stitches...I have sewn about 10 quilts on this machine with a Grace frame.
I have adjusted the tension in the past and then took to the dealer for
tune up.

It seems to sew in a straight line pretty well especially when I am going
at a higher speed.

Any tips are appreciated.
Judy in Ohio

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \
| \
| \ )
|| (___\====
judya

Hi all - I just joined this discussion group due to my frustration with
trying to use my Mega Quilter. It is a Viking - the mid arm size and is
giving me fits related to tension. I took it to the shop for evaluation
and it is no better after $150.00 in repairs and tune ups.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 176602 messages and counting!

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \
| \
| \ )
|| (___\====
judya

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 176604 messages and counting!
Old August 1st 11, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

I don't think tension is the problem. Why don't you contact me off group
(email is shown in my signature), and we can try finding a solution.

rockytop wrote:

rockytop wrote:
It skips stitches when I am sewing circles or slow down - lots of
stitches...I have sewn about 10 quilts on this machine with a Grace frame.
I have adjusted the tension in the past and then took to the dealer for
tune up.

It seems to sew in a straight line pretty well especially when I am going
at a higher speed.

Any tips are appreciated.
Judy in Ohio

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \
| \
| \ )
|| (___\====
judya

Hi all - I just joined this discussion group due to my frustration with
trying to use my Mega Quilter. It is a Viking - the mid arm size and is
giving me fits related to tension. I took it to the shop for evaluation
and it is no better after $150.00 in repairs and tune ups.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 176602 messages and counting!

-------------------------------------
/^-----^\
V o o V
| Y |
\ Q /
/ - \
| \
| \ )
|| (___\====
judya

Delivered via http://www.sewgirls.com/
Sewing Community of the Net
rec.crafts.textiles.quilting - 176604 messages and counting!

Husqvarna/Viking Mega Quilter` cbond Quilting 4 April 3rd 09 11:25 PM
Viking Mega Quilter KittyG Quilting 5 December 19th 05 06:00 AM
Husqvarna Viking Tina Quilting 0 November 25th 05 08:56 PM
Designer II by Viking/Husqvarna Debbi Quilting 13 October 17th 03 01:30 AM