Machine Knit Software

Old May 11th 05, 10:52 PM
edarmory

Default Machine Knit Software

What software ( or how do you ) translate hand knitting patters to machine
terms?

Thanks

Old May 17th 05, 03:52 AM
edarmory

Where would I find this software. You can imagine an google querry that I
did with brain was loooong and medical.

Thanks

"Kerstin Michler" wrote in message
"edarmory" wrote:

What software ( or how do you ) translate hand knitting patters to

machine
terms?

I use mostly BRAIN 1.0, which was implemented when I was born, and was
further developed through my entire life so far. I'm very happy with
it.

You need to understand what happens in the hand knitting process and
how your machine can accomplish what you want it to do. This is not
always possible, by the way! Some pattern techniques cannot be
translated to machine knitting.

The rest is simple math.

Best wishes,
Kerstin

Old May 17th 05, 04:25 AM
shelly

Kerstin was being sarcastic--she means that you should use your BRAIN
to figure out how to translate hand knitting patterns to machine
terms.

NOW FOR A USEFUL REPLY--there is no software (that I know of) that
will convert hand knitting techniques to machine knit.
there are a couple of site that will help you learn to convert how to
do it yourself

http://heidisknittingroom.ourfamily....tingHKtoMK.htm

http://www.mkdesigner.com/convert_patt.html

On Tue, 17 May 2005 02:52:09 GMT, "edarmory"
wrote:

Where would I find this software. You can imagine an google querry that I
did with brain was loooong and medical.

Thanks

"Kerstin Michler" wrote in message
.. .

Old May 17th 05, 11:52 AM
edarmory

Shelly that you for the useful information. If you have any other advise
for a biggner it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old May 18th 05, 06:44 PM
toypup

"Kerstin Michler" wrote in message
Again, this is not difficult, only tedious if you have never
calculated anything before in your life, and you do not need any
knitting skills to do it. Ask your kids if they will help you. Kids
from 11-12 years on should be able to do it.

I really think this is uncalled for. You are implying that the OP is not
very bright and a child can do what she can't. I'm sure she can but is
looking for an easier way. If she can't, then she has a disability and you
should thank the stars that you don't. If you can't help, then don't
pretend to offer it.