Knitting in pub picture

Old November 13th 03, 08:11 PM
Laurie

Default Knitting in pub picture

On one of the gazillion knitting sites I have visited in the last few
months, there is a great picture of a couple old grizzled men in a pub
and one is knitting. More than anything I want a large print of that
picture. I'm sure I bookmarked that site but I have ended up
bookmarking practically every site I see so I've lost it.

Does anyone know which site I'm talking about AND would anyone happen
to have any information about that picture? Obivously, I would be
thrilled if someone could simply point me to an online site for me to
buy the print, but I'll settle or photographer or name of picture, or
anything.

Thanks!
Laurie
Washougal, WA
Old November 13th 03, 10:27 PM
Cher

Hi Laurie, I don't know the site you mean sadly, as I would like to have
had a look. BUT .. when did you last view it? I ask as it may still be on
your hard drive....go to Windows Explorer, and look under the windows file
for your History folder, click on it, and then look to see if you can see it
in the list that comes up on the other side of the screen..

HTH you locate it....Cheers......Cher

"Laurie" wrote in message
om...
On one of the gazillion knitting sites I have visited in the last few
months, there is a great picture of a couple old grizzled men in a pub
and one is knitting. More than anything I want a large print of that
picture. I'm sure I bookmarked that site but I have ended up
bookmarking practically every site I see so I've lost it.

Does anyone know which site I'm talking about AND would anyone happen
to have any information about that picture? Obivously, I would be
thrilled if someone could simply point me to an online site for me to
buy the print, but I'll settle or photographer or name of picture, or
anything.

Thanks!
Laurie
Washougal, WA

---

Old November 14th 03, 06:47 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

OHHH Laurie i would LOVE ADORE Jump to get such a picture ,
where can one get it ??? also there are some nice ,, Droolingly nice
pictures about knitting herders i would love to have ,,,
ahhhhhh
mirjam

Old November 14th 03, 10:44 PM
Shillelagh

"Laurie" wrote in message
om...
On one of the gazillion knitting sites I have visited in the last few
months, there is a great picture of a couple old grizzled men in a pub
and one is knitting. More than anything I want a large print of that
picture. I'm sure I bookmarked that site but I have ended up
bookmarking practically every site I see so I've lost it.

Laurie
This is so frustrating. I just had a book from the library which had the
very picture - (I'm SURE of this). I'll look through my list of books I've
had and see if I can figure out which book it was. I thought it might be in
the books I have right now, but, no of course not. I could have scanned and
e-mailed you the picture. What a great picture it was too!

Shelagh

Old November 15th 03, 12:31 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Cher"
wrote:

Choke, nearly fell off of my chair Els......what are you like Els, they
want old paintings or prints, I know I'm getting on a
bit....but.......(lol)
Cheers......cher
"Els van Dam"

Sorry Cher I was not joking I must have missed something of the tread. I
must say I do not get all bits and pieces so when conversations become a
bit dis-jointed.....I came up with the wrong end of the sick....nice young
end though.......I thought Mirjam was talking about knitting and have a
beer....today.....

Pub knitting in old paintings should not be hard to find.....I am thinking
of Jan Steen for one, but there are others as well who did paint that kind
of thing....Breughel is another one.

Sorry Cher....I think you would look lovely as a knitter in a pub......

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old November 15th 03, 12:51 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Els van Dam" wrote
Pub knitting in old paintings should not be hard to find.....I am thinking
of Jan Steen for one, but there are others as well who did paint that kind
of thing....Breughel is another one.

Oh, Els, I have to find that! I love Breughel - he pays such close attention
to tiny details.
Katherine

Old November 15th 03, 07:10 AM
Laurie

Ah HAH! I found it! It wasn't on a website, it was in a magazine. I
had a revelation and started going through all my knitting magazines.
Sure enough, on page 18 of Knit It! is the picture. Problem is, the
picture isn't credited so I don't know if it is in the book this
article is an excerpt of ("A Passion For Knitting" by Nancy Thomas and
Ilana Rabinowitz) or if the magazine threw it in. There is no
photographer or anything. But it is such a cool picture I can't live
without it.

If anyone has that book (or access to that book) is the photo in
there? Maybe that is where you saw it Shelagh? If it isn't in that
book I'll contact the publishers of the magazine.

(still looking for an online snap of the photo to share with you guys)
Laurie
Washougal, WA
Old November 15th 03, 07:29 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine
Burgess" wrote:

"Els van Dam" wrote
Pub knitting in old paintings should not be hard to find.....I am thinking
of Jan Steen for one, but there are others as well who did paint that kind
of thing....Breughel is another one.

Oh, Els, I have to find that! I love Breughel - he pays such close attention
to tiny details.
Katherine

I did look for the Jan Steen ones but although there was a pub scene
listed could not find a picture of it. I also seem to remember that one
of the French impressionists did a pub scene as well....more than one for
sure, but most of these do not have knitters in them.

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....