On and Off (We've got to be insane) Topic

Old July 26th 11, 07:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Default On and Off (We've got to be insane) Topic

Well, back from travels to see Mom in MI, doing well and her new/relocated
sewing room is to die for. She has TWO-plus closets of fabric. Grandma is
well at 92, will post a picture of us with her quilt that I made. Other
family is good and I actually got to go to my family reunion this year since
it was moved to July from September.

Business club meeting in Chicago was very good and teachers can have too
much fun with no students around. All the contests are audited/edited and
ready to go for next year. The new Marilyn Monroe statue was really
something and we left just before the real heat wave began. We were really
lucky there. I feel for everyone these last two weeks.

For my birthday Mom got me a new quilting book on Japanese Taupe (style not
color) Quilts and I have soooo many new ideas. I also got Tea in the
Garden: Quilts for a Summer Afternoon and Wild Flower Applique. Two more
books that should keep me in projects for a long, long time. I finished a
wall quilt just before leaving at the end of June and haven't even
downloaded pictures yet. I've almost finished another wall applique of an
Egret. I had hoped to finish it before returning to school but now that
probably won't happen.

Why you ask? This is where the insanity part comes in. Our son's condo's
main shower has a soap tray that won't stay in. Over the years there has
been water damage. How much, we don't know, but it really needs to be
redone. So yes, we are approaching our second bathroom remodel from you
know where. Thankfully this will only be the shower, not the whole room.
But, since we have been to every tile store in town and can't match the old
tile, and it would look really odd to only do the bottom six rows along the
back wall in another color, we're going to tear it all out, do it like it
should have been built in the first place, and update it in the process.
Only 17 days until school starts, and two of those days and the weekends are
not available so we will have to hustle. I'm soooooooooooooooo hoping there
there is no wood rot. Can't really tear it out with someone living on the
other side of the wall. We'll cross that bridge tomorrow as the demolition
begins. Keep your fingers crossed.

It's summer so it's been rather quiet here, but it sounds like everyone has
been doing okay overall. Will post pictures soon.

Steven
Alaska

Old July 26th 11, 10:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Oh boy, another bathroom! Should go faster this time, now that you are
experts :-)
Can't wait to see photos! Quilts and bathroom!
Roberta in D

Old July 28th 11, 03:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

Next time you plan a stop in Chicago please let me know. Maybe I could
meet you at Quiltology in the Lincoln Park neighborhood. It has a
great urban style. Susan Price

wrote:

[...]

Insane making (long but on topic) Sunny Quilting 4 February 1st 07 01:07 AM
OT Insane Cats Dr. Sooz Beads 3 October 2nd 05 05:41 AM
Insane.. Chemcats Yarn 19 January 25th 05 03:48 AM
Am I insane??? Addie Needlework 26 June 15th 04 02:23 AM
Please help ..Im going insane Mitch Needlework 6 March 22nd 04 06:50 PM