Polly's Patriotic Simple Star Quilt photo

Old July 23rd 11, 12:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

Default Polly's Patriotic Simple Star Quilt photo

http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl Enjoy her latest quilt.
jennellh

".......This scrappy ( and how!) quilt originated from a design by
Jolyn Olson in Am Patchwork Dec 01 that Butterfly sent me. Wonderful
how a nice stack of older quilting magazines can be such a blessing.
The quilt hasn't been washed and blocked; wanted to be sure to get
a picture before it left for hospital in Germany.
Do you think this is called 'simple star'? Polly.........."
Old July 23rd 11, 01:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Big thank-you's, Jenn. I do appreciate your showing the stars quilt for me.
Making that quilt was just pure fun from the very first block down to
the last quilting stitch.
I mentioned it earlier in the DJ thread - you'll notice that I didn't
make any attempt at all to have the stars' backgrounds identical - and - I
think it makes the quilt more interesting. Or something. Polly

Old July 23rd 11, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jennifer in Ottawa

I much prefer a scrappy design for this quilt - almost gives the
illusion of the stars 'waving in the wind'. Another success from
your heart. jennellh

On Jul 22, 8:16*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Big thank-you's, Jenn. *I do appreciate your showing the stars quilt for me.
* * Making that quilt was just pure fun from the very first block down to
the last quilting stitch.
* * I mentioned it earlier in the DJ thread - you'll notice that I didn't
make any attempt at all to have the stars' backgrounds identical - and - I
think it makes the quilt more interesting. *Or something. *Polly

"Jennifer in Ottawa" wrote in ...

http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl*Enjoy her latest quilt.
jennellh

".......This scrappy ( and how!) quilt originated from a design by
Jolyn Olson in Am Patchwork Dec 01 that Butterfly sent me. *Wonderful
how a nice stack of older quilting magazines can be such a blessing.
* *The quilt hasn't been washed and blocked; wanted to be sure to get
a picture before it left for hospital in Germany.
* *Do you think this is called 'simple star'? * Polly.........."- Hide quoted text -

Old July 23rd 11, 04:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Trish Brown

Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl Enjoy her latest quilt.
jennellh

".......This scrappy ( and how!) quilt originated from a design by
Jolyn Olson in Am Patchwork Dec 01 that Butterfly sent me. Wonderful
how a nice stack of older quilting magazines can be such a blessing.
The quilt hasn't been washed and blocked; wanted to be sure to get
a picture before it left for hospital in Germany.
Do you think this is called 'simple star'? Polly.........."

Oh! How lovely! The colours, layout and balance are all just gorgeous!
Well done, Polly!

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Old July 23rd 11, 06:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dee in Oz[_3_]

Love it Polly, but Winston has no head dress. He has neither a hat or tinsel
on his antlers.

Dee in Oz

Old July 23rd 11, 07:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat S

Thanks for showing us Polly's latest creation, Jenn.

I am sure there will be a few more smiles in the ward when this bright
and happy quilt is laid on the bed, Polly. Well done you.

I'm not really 'into' stars, so I can't help you with the name Polly.
Sorry.
..
In message
,
Jennifer in Ottawa writes
http://community.webshots.com/user/barnyowl Enjoy her latest quilt.
jennellh

".......This scrappy ( and how!) quilt originated from a design by
Jolyn Olson in Am Patchwork Dec 01 that Butterfly sent me. Wonderful
how a nice stack of older quilting magazines can be such a blessing.
The quilt hasn't been washed and blocked; wanted to be sure to get
a picture before it left for hospital in Germany.
Do you think this is called 'simple star'? Polly.........."

--
Best Regards
Pat on the Green
Old July 23rd 11, 10:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

thanks for the view, Jennifer!
That's what I learned to call Variable Star (because you can swap it
around so many ways: little pinwheel in the middle, fussy cut middle,
tiny star in the middle etc). Gorgeous! My favorite kind of quilt
Roberta in D

Old July 23rd 11, 12:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise In Iowa

Well, Polly, you've done it again! You've made the "simple star" into a
masterpiece! Some soldier is going to be very fortunate to receive this
to help his/her healing!

Louise in Iowa
http://community.webshots.com/user/LouiseinIowa
nieland1390@mchsidotcom

Old July 23rd 11, 02:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Winston has to stick his nose into everything going on around here.
Wouldn't you think he would have at least had the nice manners to lick the
strawberry ice cream off his upper lip? He's such an animal. Polly

Old July 23rd 11, 02:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Thank you, my special friends. If there's ever a category at a quilt show
for "Had the Most Fun", I'd be first to enter. Polly