RCTQ Quilting Week - What are you working on?

Old January 25th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default RCTQ Quilting Week - What are you working on?

So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old January 25th 06, 06:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Oh! Me! Me first! Ok, I started a Quilt University class called Self
Expressions with Myrna Geisbrecht - I took her Studio Makeover class last
year. I like her teaching style. I've finished all the homework for this
week, so I'm eagerly waiting for the next on on Saturday.

I tried getting Giles' quilt set up to work on, but sewing machine troubles
prevented that.

I have cut out some fabric for blocks for a bed quilt for my bed.

I have been reading/looking at lots of magazines! My guild secret pal gave
me a bunch, some new, some from her stash - but new to me!! G

Old January 25th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

going poopy.. I woke up with a cold. But other than that all is good. I finished a Horse Wall hanging today. STarted it last night. Sometime today I think I am going to organize my stash. Possibly if I have something I like, make some curtains for the kitchen. Not sure exactly what, but I want to start a project today. That little closet stays so warm in there and I just want to crawl back into bed, but cant so I will just huddle in my warm sewing room today.

--
Cheryl

http://community.webshots.com/user/cherdor

Old January 25th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Refolding fabric and rearranging my sewing room. Hopefully in the next week
or so, it will be functional. Seems that a lot of my bright solids wondered
off so I will have to replace them to use with my novelty fabrics.

--
Mary (Idaho to Oregon via Montana)

"frood" wrote in message
: So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
: things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
: Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?
:
: --
: Wendy
: http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm

Old January 25th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

I'm working on my fabric postcards- just about to start the
"controversial" skeleton one for Kathy. ;-) I bought crystal beads
yesterday for the "Ice Storm" postcard. I have to go to my sm dealer
and buy more bobbins- these fancy threads all seem to want their own
personal bobbin instead of the "general" bobbins in neutral colors. I
have a simple Rail Fence quilt made from batiks (LOVE those batiks!!!)
with the top all pieced for carrying in The Beast (my pick-up truck)
and would like to do some simple quilting on it. The quilting will be
diagonal rows of stitching using a pretty vining leaf stitch my machine
has built in it. I'm hoping to get all the fabrics I pulled out
re-folded and put back in the stash where they belong. Maybe I'll even
sweep the floor in here??? Nah..... The HairyButt Gang just got it
all decorated with their fur!

Leslie & The Constantly Shedding Furbabies in MO.

Old January 25th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Hi I have been working on a quilt for my sister. This is the second one for
her. It seems her husband has taken over the other one. The top is almost
finished. My other sister now wants one done for her. I have made quilts
for everyone in my family. I just want to make a quilt for myself. I don't
know when that will happen. How do you say no I cannot make one for you
now. I also like to read. I just finished the book memoirs of a geisha.
Its a movie now. The book was great if anyone is interested in reading it.
I just sent it to my mom to read.
Eileen in Tucson

Old January 25th 06, 07:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

frood wrote:
So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

Finished the baby quilt for the newest Neice. It's fugly, but it'll do.

Need to bind the quilted vest for Jazz to play darts in.

Then I can start on the wedding wallhanging, with the two dragons
getting married.

-georg

Old January 25th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Well, I started the week by attending my Dear Jane group for two hours on
Saturday morning. Yesterday, I finished making the School Bags for church
(school supplies are put in them and sent somewhere....). And so far today,
I have finished quilting a kids comfort quilt for our guild. Just have
binding left.

Betty in WI

Old January 25th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Working on the partial t-shirt quilt for my DDIL in Calif. I'm thinking
that I've made a bit of bad fabric choices in sashing the blocks, but
I'm somewhat at a "point of no return" sort of place and I really don't
want to go back and frog stitch 66+ of 10" blocks. Hoping, fingers
crossed, all cross-able body parts crossed, etc., that it will still
turn out reasonably well. Only time will tell. Sheesh!!!
Marlys in Indiana

"frood" wrote in message
So... how's it going? What projects are you working on? What other quilty
things are you doing? Reading magazines/books? Sketching out designs?
Shopping for fabric? Rearranging the sewing room/area/nook?

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

RCTQ Quilting Week is coming! frood Quilting 24 January 8th 06 05:38 PM
rctq protocol question re Quilting Software Cheryl Quilting 3 August 29th 05 11:10 PM
Week end quilting maryd Quilting 4 February 21st 05 08:42 PM
Hi rctq, I'm desperate for help in salvaging this quilt (really, really long) Meghan Quilting 34 November 22nd 04 05:23 PM
RCTQ in the news! Nbhilyard Quilting 14 November 28th 03 02:16 AM