HEADS UP! Webshots is going to paid subscription only

Old October 23rd 12, 02:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nann[_2_]

Default HEADS UP! Webshots is going to paid subscription only

On Sunday, October 7, 2012 7:57:01 AM UTC-5, Jeri wrote:

Thanks -- I need to migrate from WS but have to download their software to download all my photos. (And I never did update my email address with them, so any message they've sent me hasn't arrived.)

So many ways to save photos....such confusion....

Nann

Some of you may already know this but the free Webshots service is going away and "Smile by Webshots" is taking it's place. For more info - http://smile.webshots.com/landing Make sure to read the fine print. While the word Free is quite prominent in several places the fact is the service will only be free until the official launch. At that time you only get a 30 day free trial. If you don't want to stay with Webshots/Smile and want to save your photos, they do have a service where they will send them to your email in zip files. Unfortunately you just get the photos. Any captions or comments you had with them are lost. I know many of you use Webshots so I hope this helps. I know I don't remember getting an email from them about this change and only found out about it from a different forum. ~*~ Jeri

Old October 27th 12, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
mary

Thanks for the advice. I finally got the download to work. My photos are
safe on my computer and almost ready to burn to disk.

--
Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community
http://www.surfriderresort.com/
"mary" wrote in message
I was never given the zip download option.

--
Mary

http://community.webshots.com/user/m...host=community
http://www.surfriderresort.com/
"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message
Same here- everything is gone as far as labels and comments and
organization and my pic by pic instructions for making many sewn projects.
And now I have 489 photos in a 'glomp' and I'll have to view every one of
them to find the one I want. Really, they are pretty much useless to me
without a ton of work to reorganize them. Sheesh! Free aint all it's
cracked up to be.... it seems there's a fairly high price in the end.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

[...]

~*~

Jeri