progress report

Old September 7th 08, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marigold[_2_]

Default progress report

Well, DH is on a training course this weekend, so while the hubby is
away.......I get to play!

I have cut miles of strips in the last week or so. Yesterday I started
sewing light and dark strips together. Last night watching TV I started
cutting those sewn strips into 2 patches. I need enough 4 patches to do the
pieced border that I have planned for my OC quilt. I've only got 1/2 of the
300+ 4 patches needed for the cathedral stars quilt (1/2 of the blocks are
done for this) then I need 182
4-patches for the new Bonny Hunter mystery quilt, OTR. The OC quilt and the
cathedral stars quilt are done from mostly the same fabrics, very scrappy,
so adding a few extra bits here and there won't make any difference. The new
mystery quilt I'd like to do in a more controlled scrappy version, so I'm
keeping those strips separate for now.

I find dragging my stash boxes out of storage, sorting thru them, then
having piles of fabric all over the living room while I cut what I want from
them, is probably what has prevented me from doing much over the last few
years. I'm hoping that by cutting for several projects at once and then
putting the boxes away, I'll be more inclined to sit down and sew. I've
already found that having piles of little things ready to stitch entices me
to the sewing machine to do "just a few more".

So, hopefully today I will get some more strips sewn, pressed, cut, and
resewn into 4 patches.

Have a great quilty Sunday!

Marilyn
in Alberta, Canada

Old September 8th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
amy in CNY

good for you, Marilyn!! i find if i get too far ahead of myself, i
get overwhelmed. i have 8 different projects started right now, so i'm
planning to finish those and then get re-organized. hopefully by
christmas i'll be able to calm down and get started on some new things
rolling around in my mind!!!

have fun!
amy inCNY