What I've been working on.

Old September 13th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Default What I've been working on.

Ok, so it's just a very simple "I Spy" made with 4.5 and 2.5" squares. I
also add pictures of the parents on these quilts.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257ZzdWdM One
of my first ones.
I can't tell you how much time I've spent (a lot!) cropping, enhancing and
generally fussing with these photos. I had one set printed on fabric when I
noticed a red eye reflex that I hadn't noticed on the uncropped version.
Sigh...started over. Oh well....I'm getting closer to a good set of
pictures. The baby shower is in just over a week. It's going to be close.
I HAVE figured out that for my printer (Epson 5800) the best pictures are
printed on a "Heavy matte paper" setting. So all that time and ink hasn't
been in vain.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old September 13th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"KJ" wrote in message
Ok, so it's just a very simple "I Spy" made with 4.5 and 2.5" squares. I
also add pictures of the parents on these quilts.
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...53918257ZzdWdM One
of my first ones.
I can't tell you how much time I've spent (a lot!) cropping, enhancing and
generally fussing with these photos. I had one set printed on fabric when

noticed a red eye reflex that I hadn't noticed on the uncropped version.
Sigh...started over. Oh well....I'm getting closer to a good set of
pictures. The baby shower is in just over a week. It's going to be

close.
I HAVE figured out that for my printer (Epson 5800) the best pictures are
printed on a "Heavy matte paper" setting. So all that time and ink hasn't
been in vain.

Oh, I LOVE it!! It's so adorable!! And the pics came out wonderfully!! :-)

Kudos!!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old September 13th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Thanks. That's one of my first ones. I think my photos will come out much
better on this one. I'll try to remember to post a picture when it's
finished.

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old September 13th 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"KJ" wrote in message
Thanks. That's one of my first ones. I think my photos will come out

much
better on this one. I'll try to remember to post a picture when it's
finished.

Oh, don't you worry ... I'll nag you so you don't forget!

Is the quilt done, yet? Are the pictures up yet?

How 'bout now?

Now?

low voice Quilt pictures, please.
Please?

:-)

Old September 13th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Not yet....still waiting for the Bubble Jet Set treated fabric to dry so I
can start in on the pictures again!

Old September 13th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"KJ" wrote in message
Not yet....still waiting for the Bubble Jet Set treated fabric to dry so I
can start in on the pictures again!

Oh.

How 'bout now?

See, I told you I'd nag you so's you can't forget! Every once in a while,
when you least expect it, and you're postin' here on subjects and whatnot,
I'm goin' to ask you if you've finished that quilt yet ... if you've got
those pix uploaded yet.

I hope you're prepared for that. Accordin' to my kids, I could nag a career
criminal into goin' straight. In my house, I'm "Nag-U-lese!" :-)

Old September 13th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
SewVeryCreative

"KJ" wrote in message
Ohhhhhh you're good! I'm going to see what more I can accomplish NOW!

*nods wisely*
That's a good idea. You don't want me bringin' out the HEAVY naggin' guns.
:-)
I can bring my babies to their *knees* with my naggin'. It's hereditary. :-)

Can you tell that I REALLY want to see it??! :-)

Old September 13th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
polly esther

Kathyl, adding pictures of the parents to an I Spy is a scathingly brilliant
idea. I'll remember to do that. We were testing my new scanner last night
and the picture we were testing with seems to have come out rather anemic by
the bright light of day. Wonder what setting change would make the pictures
not so pale-faced?
Connie, if you really want to enhance your ability to nag, you could take a
few lessons from any Yorkie. If yapping, doing the spinning-out kicky
dance, and the Dancing Bear imitation fail, Yogi has added a fine touch to
his nag routine. Lately, he's noticed that a gentle pat with his paw on the
human under siege is very effective. When he was a wee tiny little beast,
we worried that he wouldn't be able to get our attention when he needed
something. Ha. Polly

Old September 13th 07, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

Oh WOW! "Scathingly brilliant"?! I think I'll just wrap it up for today.
I don't think I can even come close to that description for the rest of the
afternoon.
I take my pictures and then tweak them in Paint Shop Pro. I have the
program do an automatic saturation of color which makes the pictures look
brighter and more colorful. I like that for printing on fabric as some of
the color seems to weaken when printed. BUT! By using the "heavyweight
matte paper" setting...I'm getting a MUCH better print out!!! Hooray! (It
only took me how many years to discover this?????) I wish you could see the
ones that just came out of the printer. I'm going to allow them to sit
overnight before I do a rinse with my Bubble Jet Set Rinse. They look
great!
My webshots picture didn't show what I do in that inner border. I use the
alphabet on my sewing machine to sew the words from the pictures...."ball"
"dog" "Mommy" etc. The child can then do a search for all the dogs, etc.,
and perhaps learn to recognize the words before it's worn out. I made one
for my nephew's new baby and my pregnant niece's husband took me aside and
said , "Aunt Kathyl, that is so neat. Would you please make one of those
for our baby?" He was sooooo sweet! So of course I'm working on one for
them!!!
--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi