Saturday night

Old March 18th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

Default Saturday night

Tonight I have on needles:

One pi shawl that is giving me fits in the 576-stitch section.
Feather & fan is normally a pretty easy pattern but for some reason my
poor brain is having trouble with it

A Domovoi shawl from _Folk Shawls_. Ought to be an easy-peasy
pattern once I've got some rhythm going.

Socks hanging out in a seat-back pocket in the truck for stoplight and
hurryup&wait knitting.

A sweater for the boy that I started in December using stash yarn of
which I thought I had a lot more than I do. FInally found the correct
color (wrong dye lot, who cares) but since it's a wool sweater and
summer is almost here in Texas...

On Sunday I'm making my first angelfood cake in a decade, as well as
waffles for the upcoming week. I'm also firing up the smoker
(brisket, a turkey, whatever the neighbor decides to throw in there)
in the morning so I won't have to do much in the way of dinner cooking
this week either.

Off to bed!
Old March 18th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

WoolyGooly spun a FINE 'yarn':

[...]

end quoted
G'nite, Wooly!
Noreen
going off to sleepland soon herself.....

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Old March 18th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Sunday morning was Saturday night

Hee Wooly the PI shawl is meant as a test for STRONG nerves ,,, at
least 2 people i know , started , and never finnished , and collected
some terminology i didn`t know before !!!Thus i decided to start it
with the widest point and work my way to the middle , = decrease
stitiches rather than increase ,, it is deffinitly a better thing for
one`s nerves ,,, but i haven`t finnished mine it is there in bag ,
snaring at me ,,,, howling in Moon lit nights ,,, i will finnish it
this years !!!!

Tonight I have on needles:

One pi shawl that is giving me fits in the 576-stitch section.
Feather & fan is normally a pretty easy pattern but for some reason my
poor brain is having trouble with it

A Domovoi shawl from _Folk Shawls_. Ought to be an easy-peasy
pattern once I've got some rhythm going.

Don`t know that one
I am still busy with RED , had some mistakes and reknitted that ,,,
than i have a new crochet Moebious that is to be given on Wensday
....Luckily it is already half made , it is for man and thus it wont
be too wide i will though have to write an explanation on the card ,
about it`s nature and the way one should wash it ....

One glove still on needles and my art work is almost Done ,,, Thah
there are the Other techniques in work ,,
We have a Busy musical week , as Daughter will perform both here and
everywhere and we will go to art least 2 [ different ] concerts to
listen to her + different othe musicians .
mirjam
Old March 18th 07, 07:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Mar 18, 4:18 pm, WoolyGooly wrote:
Socks hanging out in a seat-back pocket in the truck for stoplight and
hurryup&wait knitting.

Wow, how long are traffic-light changes in your area!

VP

Old March 18th 07, 09:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"WoolyGooly" wrote in message
Tonight I have on needles:

A sweater for the boy that I started in December

You started a boy in December? Congratulations :-)

Mary

Old March 18th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On 18 Mar 2007 00:11:40 -0700, "Vintage Purls"
wrote:

Wow, how long are traffic-light changes in your area!

There are a couple that stretch to nearly 5 minutes - busy
intersections at highway interchanges. I've heard there's an
intersection on the south side of town that makes people wait 6-7
minutes.

And of course the notorious four-car light that makes a body wait
through as many as 8 cycles during rush hour...
Old March 18th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:36:54 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

A sweater for the boy that I started in December

You started a boy in December? Congratulations :-)

Mary

Allow me to reconstruct that: In December I started a sweater for the
boy...
Old March 18th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 04:53:31 GMT, (Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen) wrote:

Hee Wooly the PI shawl is meant as a test for STRONG nerves ,,, at
least 2 people i know , started , and never finnished , and collected
some terminology i didn`t know before !!!Thus i decided to start it
with the widest point and work my way to the middle , = decrease
stitiches rather than increase ,, it is deffinitly a better thing for
one`s nerves ,,, but i haven`t finnished mine it is there in bag ,
snaring at me ,,,, howling in Moon lit nights ,,, i will finnish it
this years !!!!

Eh well, the not-so-amusing thing here is that I finished a Pi last
week. I knitted it plain vanilla and used EZ's lace - large diamonds
and some zigzags. It was a gift and I needed it in a hurry, so I
didn't want to put too much thought-requiring work into it.

The current pi is for myself. I decided to use other lace in the
48-round and 96-round sections. The 48-round bit knitted in something
Barbara Walker calls "spider stitch" (which is nothing at all like the
Shetland spider lace I have in a different book!) went pretty well,
though slowly because of all the centered double decreases and the ssk
decreases.

But this F&F, I swear, is going to be the death of me. I knitted and
tinked the same pattern row four times before I discovered the problem
was in the *previous* pattern round. Now the thing is in time-out
lest I burn it - but I diagnosed and corrected the problem so my
stitch count is correct again.
Old March 18th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

WoolyGooly spun a FINE 'yarn':

wrote:

A sweater for the boy that I started in December

You started a boy in December? Congratulations :-)

Mary

Allow me to reconstruct that: In December I started a sweater for the
boy...
---

end quoted

Good *catch* Mary, and hilarious retort, Wooly!

Noreen
--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000724-1, 03/16/2007
Tested: 3/18/2007 9:58:53 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006