Ponchos still in style?

Old March 12th 07, 06:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Cece

Default Ponchos still in style?

On 8 mar, 16:16, jheller wrote:
Hi all,
I have crocheted a few ponchos for my 1 year old gbaby, and DD friends
babys'.
They are fast and easy to make and I really enjoy doing them.
Wanted to get some feedback from the group if you think they will still
be a trendy item this year?
I have done a few in different colors, yarn type and sizes.
6 month baby size to 2T. Thinking of having a few to sell at craft shows.
What do you think?
Jenny

For babies, anything and everything is in style! As long as it does
its job and is easy to work with, and ponchos are great at that.
Putting it on and taking it off is easy as can be, and it does not
interfere with diaper change, nor does it interfere with the car
seat's safety belt.

Cece

Old March 14th 07, 12:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"jheller" wrote in message
Hi all,
I have crocheted a few ponchos for my 1 year old gbaby, and DD friends
babys'.
They are fast and easy to make and I really enjoy doing them.
Wanted to get some feedback from the group if you think they will still be
a trendy item this year?
I have done a few in different colors, yarn type and sizes.
6 month baby size to 2T. Thinking of having a few to sell at craft shows.
What do you think?
Jenny

Hi Jenny! ) I still see a LOT of females (young and not so very young)
wearing ponchos around here. Can I ask you where you found your pattern for
one, or do you make up your own pattern? Matthew has a very nice
girlfriend and she has a tiny little girl (17 months old but she looks too
tiny to be up and walking, which she is definitely), so I might consider
making one for one or both of them for next Christmas. Oh yes, they are
talking about being together forever. ;o) Not only that, the tiny one
calls Matthew "Daddy" when he is around her... he just grins as he is very
parental and protective of her..

*hugs*
Gemini

Old March 14th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Gemini Ponchos you can make in a zilion ways ,,, start with a enough
stitiches for the head to come through [ make it a number that divides
into 4 ,, put a marker in every `corner ,, now knit [or purl or make
pattern ] every second row and add 2 stitches on both sides of each
marker every second row/round , till it is long enough ,,, mirjam
this is one way ,,,

Old March 15th 07, 12:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Thank you, Mirjam! I have saved your description for future reference. )
I do have a couple of patterns in books, and I know there are a lot online
as well (in fact I just found a crocheted one for a baby today that I think
is adorable & will likely try that one)... I just find it interesting to see
what sort of patterns other people like to use. You know, the tried and
true ones. ;o) I am definitely adding your description to my list though.
Thank you again.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old March 15th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
jheller

Not Likely wrote:
"jheller" wrote in message

[...]

Hi,
THe pattern was for a doll , I just made the granny sqs bigger.
16 sqs total, 8 for the front, 8 for the back, the sqs are 3 rounds of
simple granny style, joined to make a diamond shape , a sc,ch1 ,sc
around neck, chain about 50 to make a tie to weave though the ch1
spaces.Its about the size for a 12 month old, but the sqs could be made
bigger for a bigger size.
I'll try to get pics and post , before dd picks it up.
Thanks,
Jenny
Old March 15th 07, 04:07 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

You are Welcome Gemini , i can give you another or others i liked , I
haven`t made a poncho for ages , i have made myself other wrapping
warming up cloths and knits ,,, My BEST ever poncho was a cloth one [
made from old Scotish skirt , To which i added a knitted neck piece
,,, use it for Y E A R S , than gave it to a aquaintance and only last
week saw it on her daughter , it must be over 30 years old ,,,,,
mirjam

Old March 17th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Carey N.

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"jheller" wrote in message
[...]

You might find something interesting at the following site; she has several
poncho generators.

http://www.thedietdiary.com/knitting...SMWFShort.html

Happy knitting,
Carey in MA

Old March 18th 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"jheller" wrote in message
.. .

Hi,
THe pattern was for a doll , I just made the granny sqs bigger.
16 sqs total, 8 for the front, 8 for the back, the sqs are 3 rounds of
simple granny style, joined to make a diamond shape , a sc,ch1 ,sc around
neck, chain about 50 to make a tie to weave though the ch1 spaces.Its
about the size for a 12 month old, but the sqs could be made bigger for a
bigger size.
I'll try to get pics and post , before dd picks it up.
Thanks,
Jenny

Neat, thank you for sharing! )

*hugs*
Gemini

Old March 18th 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Thank you, Mirjam! I would love to see patterns for whatever other ponchos
you have. I find it interesting to know what patterns other people like to
use. )

*hugs*
Gemini

Old March 18th 07, 07:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Carey N." wrote in message

You might find something interesting at the following site; she has
several
poncho generators.

http://www.thedietdiary.com/knitting...SMWFShort.html

Happy knitting,
Carey in MA

Nice site, Carey! Thank you for sharing. I put it into my favorites. )

*hugs*
Gemini

LOOK !! Ponchos LOOK !! Cynthia&nana Marketplace 0 October 6th 06 02:12 PM
ponchos RED37 Needlework 3 December 14th 05 03:46 PM
Ponchos Country Crafter General Crafting 2 March 29th 05 01:21 AM
ponchos zeldapelda Yarn 2 June 23rd 04 03:28 PM
Mission Style? Prairie style? Cheryl Isaak Needlework 12 August 26th 03 11:30 AM