So, do tell, what's everyone working on???

Old November 13th 05, 03:19 PM

Default So, do tell, what's everyone working on???

I'm really busy this year doing special orders for the holidays. I'm
determined to finish early so I can have December to enjoy MYSELF and
go to several special events, including making a glass paperweight at
Wheaton Village and going to a holiday celebration at a NJ mansion
which is supposed to be haunted - I'll let you know how both of these
events turn out.
Right now I have orders for six complex semiprecious beaded necklaces,
five gemstone healing bracelets, and several pairs of earrings and it's
still November....I think I'm going to cut off special orders by
November 30th. Not to mention attending several craft shows scouting
for higher end shows to do next year and scanning designs for a gallery
who is interested in my dichroic glass work, updating the website, and
working at my regular job. No wonder I'm exhausted half the time. But,
it's great and I love it!!
What is everyone else doing???
Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

Old November 13th 05, 10:06 PM

well..I'm still trying to finish a mermaid doll I started months ago.
I'm nearly done, but for some reason I can't get the motivation for
this piece.

I'm also working on a necklace that's a duplicate of one I made for
myself. My boss loved it and wanted one, and I love mine too much to
part with it, so I offered to make one for her.

I'll also be working on a necklace for my sister for christmas, two
tiny beaded boxes for co-worker christmas gifts, a voodoo doll (just
for fun!), a bookmark, and some stringing projects I've been meaning to
get around to. Oh, and a belt done in peyote stitch which will probably
take forever.

-Amber.

Old November 14th 05, 12:23 AM
Carla

Lessee -

A few weeks ago, I had some stuff at a local convention. Didn't do
great, but had a lot of fun; *mostly* finished with my webpage (still
need to put up pics for earrings and loose beads). I had been promising
folks at work that I'd bring earrings down, so I didn't want to put
anything on my site until afterwards. Well, I took about 25 pairs of
earrings to work on Thursday and sold all but five pairs

Now I've got to straighten up the studio and get back to work,
replenishing the stock

I finished two pairs of earrings for a custom order, working on a third
pair, and yesterday got an order for a crystal bracelet.

And I've got to get started on Christmas presents. Life is busy, but
good

Cheers,
Carla
http://www.carliecraftdesigns.com

Old November 14th 05, 04:00 PM
Bacchae

Patti asks:

What is everyone else doing???

Cleaning house so that I can have a home show this weekend! I've been
making necklaces, bracelets and doing a bit with pendants because I just
bought some fabulous changeable SS bails.

Unfortunately, I have also been spending a fortune at the local bead stores
buying last minute items to make stuff. Of course I end up buying stuff I
already have while I'm there. I am so predictable with my likes and
dislikes!

What I hope to do this weekend is set out not just my beads but also my
findings so that if someone wants to make something while they're here, they
can. I don't expect it to be so busy that we can't do that. I don't plan
to do anything like necklaces while anyone is here but I can surely do
earrings and sell them the parts they need if they want to take things home
and make their own. I think I'll bring a table I have in the garage and
some Ikea chairs and set them up in the middle of the living room as well as
in the kitchen. I'm going to do my best NOT to take anyone down to see the
torch because my basement is a disaster area! I don't want to have to clean
the basement as well as the rest of the house.

- Sandy
www.preciouslittlethings.ca

Old November 15th 05, 08:14 AM
bluemaxx

I'm getting ready for my annual Christmas sale at the gallery on 12-2
.... I like to have at least 2 Plano boxes full of finished jewelry for
that - earrings, bracelets, sets and necklaces. I'm also finishing
up quite a few lariats I've been making for the local metaphysical
shop. I use tiny lampworked Goddess beads, along with SS and/or
Pewter Goddess figures for the lariat ends. And then I've also been
busy getting everything ready (i.e. BUYBUYBUY) to make French beaded
flowers with my birthdaughter for her wedding bouquet. Too many
things to do, too little time!
Linda

oups.com...
:

Old November 15th 05, 11:08 AM
crna_ofca

wrote:
I'm really busy this year doing special orders for the holidays. I'm
determined to finish early so I can have December to enjoy MYSELF and

[cut]wonder I'm exhausted half the time. But,
it's great and I love it!!
What is everyone else doing???
Patti
www.pattiwhiteley.com

im prepairing for christmas fair, a friend and i will have table in the
biggest fair in centre for the whole month how about that, ha?)

and, i have to prepair some lessons open workshops for 3-days show) so
im kinda busy

--
..~*we are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by
embracing each other.

our webshop: - http://snipurl.com/jx8v
our current auctions: - http://snipurl.com/aukcije