Attn Dennis - re Sweater Wizard software-enablemail

Old April 10th 04, 12:07 PM
CMM PDX2

Default Attn Dennis - re Sweater Wizard software-enablemail

....and anyone else interested - someone on the AK list just posted the info
that Knit Picks has Sweater Wizard for $69.99, free shipping. (on looking at
their home page, *any* order over $30 is getting free shipping. no idea if
that's a special or their SOP, as I've never ordered from them before...)
That's at:

http://www.knitpicks.com/

Then go to the Accessories page and look for the link for 'Computer Software'.

NAYY, as always.

Monica
CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
Old April 10th 04, 03:07 PM
Maine-iac Rose

I have started out with Knitware, located at:
http://www.islandnet.com/knitware/pricemcs.htm.
this is the page that shows the prices, but links to everywhere on their
site. It will do both hand and machine knit. They are working on a new
version that will include hand knit or crochet only for working in the
round, like hats and sweaters. I have always liked it, well the DOS version
was a bit getting use to, but now they have had the windows version out for
some time now which makes it allot easier. And for $45 USD, I think allot
better than $69 for this other program. Of course, I would have to check
out the features of Sweater Wizard to really compare, but from what I have
been doing with Knitware, I love it. And from my experience so far, the
updates are $15.00 each time. Just to also let you know, I bought the DOS
version for around $5 way back when, so it hasn't cost me an arm and a leg
to update this software.
And now reading what it does, the Knitware is just the same, except for
working in the round, but like I mentioned above, they are working on that
and will have it out hopefully soon.

Maine-iac Rose
@---
remove the thorns and then add a hyphen between the 2 words to email me.

"CMM PDX2" wrote in message
: ...and anyone else interested - someone on the AK list just posted the
info
: that Knit Picks has Sweater Wizard for $69.99, free shipping. (on looking
at
: their home page, *any* order over $30 is getting free shipping. no idea if
: that's a special or their SOP, as I've never ordered from them before...)
: That's at:
:
: http://www.knitpicks.com/
:
: ---------

Old April 10th 04, 11:20 PM
Spike Driver

"CMM PDX2" wrote in message
[...]

Monica,

Thank you, I will go look at the sight. Thank you for thinking of me!

God bless,
Dennis

Old April 11th 04, 02:45 AM
Spike Driver

"CMM PDX2" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, I will look at both sights.

God bless,
Dennis

Old April 11th 04, 10:05 AM
CMM PDX2

You're welcome, Dennis!

Rose - I did make sure on the original thread to mention the Knitware software
to Dennis, too. I tried out the demo for it way back in 1995 or so, when it
was still DOS format only. I re-checked it when I was making a decision on
software this year. I know the price is better, but I like working in the
round, *really* wanted the sideways-knit option...and just liked Sweater Wizard
better. Plus I like the support available for it on SW's webpage, and the free
upgrades and enhancements.

You know how it is - different strokes, different folks and all that. g
Although you never know, maybe later on if I save up the money, I might get
Knitware, too. It's like having more than one graphics program; far as I'm
concerned, with some specialty programs, you can never have too many of them.
Some do one thing best, another does something different better -- and more
options is always the way to go! ::snicker:: (why yes, to me collecting
graphics programs is like eating popcorn. I've got about 5 major ones now,
collected over the years. and that's not even counting the free plug-ins. or
the free 3D programs I've d'loaded but haven't installed yet!)

Monica - software collector, even on a budget. g
CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
Old April 11th 04, 03:02 PM
Maine-iac Rose

I was going to mention that, some ppl like 1 thing, while other like the
other. And Knitware is working on getting the knitting in the round up
soon. I may be one of their beta testers when they get the first part of
the program out, I hope there are no bugs in them, but that what the testers
are for.

Maine-iac Rose
@---