Knitting in pub picture

Old November 17th 03, 05:30 PM
Cher

Blinkin eck Els...what ARE you like...lol....giggle....oh dear you make me
laugh, and it isn't your fault because you sometimes get your messages all
disjointed.....but oh it is funny reading it...and how we do so love you...
Cheers.....Cher

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article , "Cher"
wrote:

Hi Karen, Oh I remember seeing pics of these shepherds doing this, and

yes
I realised afterwards what Else meant, and Els knows I like to play

with
her sometimes....LOL.

Cheers....Cher

Yeah.........well maybe.....LOL

I have to go back and read again what I though I had written, because I
had the impression that Cher was reacting to her knitting in the
pub....and taking a picture of it.......I was not aware that the whole
thing was about knitting in old paintings......or do I still have it
wrong......

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....

---

Old November 17th 03, 09:28 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Cher"
wrote:

Blinkin eck Els...what ARE you like...lol....giggle....oh dear you make me
laugh, and it isn't your fault because you sometimes get your messages all
disjointed.....but oh it is funny reading it...and how we do so love you...
Cheers.....Cher

Well when I tell everyone that I am "word blind"....I am not kidding.....LOL

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old November 18th 03, 12:43 AM
Laurie

The picture I'm referring to is actually a photograph. It is black
and white, could be anytime from the 20s to maybe the 50s? Just two
old guys drinking at the pub and one of them is knitting. Looks like
an entralac or something? Hard to see but there is a pattern.

Laurie
Washougal, WA
Old November 18th 03, 03:46 AM
Karen MN

It's in the 2002 issue of Knit-It (I think that's the last issue -- I don't
believe I've ever seen a 2003 issue). It looks like it might be an older
photograph.

"NoraBalcer" wrote in message
Hi Els,

No, you have it right now, they are looking for a picture of two old men

who
were sitting in a pub knitting. I sure hope someone finds it as I would

like to
see it too.

Hugs,

Nora

Old November 18th 03, 02:58 PM
Cher

That would be interesting to find Laurie..

Cheers......Cher

om...

Old November 18th 03, 05:27 PM
JJMolvik

Does it give any reference to the picture in the magazine? What it is,
where to find it, etc.?

JJMolvik

Old November 18th 03, 05:50 PM
Karen MN

I just sent an email off to the folks at Knit-It magazine to see what I
could find out about the photo -- I'll post if I hear anything back from
them.

Karen in MN

Old November 19th 03, 04:17 PM
Karen MN

Got an email from Better Homes & Gardens about the pictu

"The photo you are referring to in our Knit It! magazine is what we call
stock photography. We purchased this photo from a company called
Bettman/Corbis; the serial number is CA003069. Any further information you
wish can be derived from their website: www.corbis.com"

Karen in MN

Old November 19th 03, 04:52 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:17:19 -0600, "Karen MN" wrote:

Got an email from Better Homes & Gardens about the pictu

"The photo you are referring to in our Knit It! magazine is what we call
stock photography. We purchased this photo from a company called
Bettman/Corbis; the serial number is CA003069. Any further information you
wish can be derived from their website: www.corbis.com"

Karen in MN

If you click on that site, then paste that number into the search box at
the top of the page, the picture comes up!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old November 19th 03, 05:06 PM
Karen MN

wrote:

Got an email from Better Homes & Gardens about the pictu

"The photo you are referring to in our Knit It! magazine is what we call
stock photography. We purchased this photo from a company called
Bettman/Corbis; the serial number is CA003069. Any further information

you
wish can be derived from their website: www.corbis.com"

Karen in MN

If you click on that site, then paste that number into the search box at
the top of the page, the picture comes up!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Helen, for some reason, I can get to the site, but not to the picture -- I
think I don't have something enabled, like maybe javascript, or maybe my
firewall doesn't like it. Does it say anything about when it was taken?
I'm curious about whether it's really an older photograph, or if it just
looks old because it's in black and white. Whatever it is, I think it's a
great picture!

Karen in MN