Discussion topic: Satisfying project

Old July 17th 03, 01:41 PM
Norma

Default Discussion topic: Satisfying project

I enjoy being involved with the comfortghans, like Noreen. But my "home"
projects that give me the most satisfaction really has to be Hardanger. I
enjoy knitting, and crocheting, but for a really big "bang for the bucks"
it's hardanger all the way.

--
Star love,
Norma ;-)
"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Hi Group!
What's the most satisfying project you've done (in recent memory)??
Why?
Hugs,
Noreen

**I'd have to say that being involved with our comfortaghans is the
most satisfying work I've been doing.... you KNOW what they say...
"charity begins at HOME"
Noreen**

Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447

My family tree is FULL of nuts.

Old July 17th 03, 03:36 PM
NoraBalcer

MY most satisfying project was the counted cross stitch picture that had 97
colors and took about a year to complete. It was an Eva Rosenstand kit of a
vase of flowers sitting on a marble top table. It now hangs in our dining room.

Hugs,

Nora
Old July 17th 03, 04:25 PM
The Other Kim

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Hi Group!
What's the most satisfying project you've done (in recent memory)??
Why?
Hugs,
Noreen

**I'd have to say that being involved with our comfortaghans is the
most satisfying work I've been doing.... you KNOW what they say...
"charity begins at HOME"
Noreen**

Easy - the lace shawl I made a few years ago. Hated every moment of
making the edging (all those repeats and all those edge stitches to be
picked up!), but loved the pattern and the work, and the extreme feeling
of satisfaction seeing the finished product and knowing that I started
with just a ball of fine yarn and some needles.

The Other Kim

Old July 17th 03, 07:22 PM
Laurie

Probably the most satisfying is the first project I did in anything I
learned. The first slippers I crocheted (even tho I did 6 pairs and
was doing single crochet incorrectly on all of them. Technically they
were all done in slip stitch!), the first needlepoint I finished (now
I look at it and I see nothing but missed stitches! Can you fix a
needlepoint once it has been made into a pillow?), the first cross
stitch (took me years but turned out beautiful!), and I'm working on
my first knitting project. No, I didn't chose a scarf, I'm knitting a
cardigan coat for myself.

Why make it easy?

Laurie
Washougal, WA
Old July 17th 03, 07:53 PM
Allaya Diep

This would definitely be the "Classic Cardy" pattern I knit from Crafts
Beautiful magazine (you can actually download if you want it). It was done
in about a week. Even though it was just simple stockinette stitch, it's
just a terrific all-purpose cardigan that I wear all the time. I was also
impressed at how fast it knit up.

The yarn I used on it initially seemed like a good idea, but it's just a
little too scratchy and pilly, so I went out and got some replacement yarn
and plan to make another sweater in that. (Much softer!)

Allaya

"Karen" wrote in message
.. .

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Hi Group!
What's the most satisfying project you've done (in recent memory)??

My very first pair of socks -- I just couldn't believe I had actually made
socks. They weren't even that fancy, just ribbed cuffs and stockinette
stitch foot, but they were my first pair and they were wearable (they

were
also a gift, and I did NOT want to give them away when I finished them,

but
they were men's so I couldn't have worn them anyway). I took pictures of
them and showed the socks or the pictures to just about everybody I knew,

was so proud of them. And of course, my friends that don't knit tolerated
that well, but you could tell they weren't really all that impressed.

Old July 18th 03, 02:20 AM
Mischief

Noreen

My most satisfying project would be a preemie bonnet that I made for a
good friend who was expecting a baby. It was their second child and
the doctor informed them that considering their first child was a
preemie there was a good chance the second would also be premature.

I knitted the preemie bonnet and booties and also a regular size
bonnet. I put a note with it saying "Here's a set I hope you never
have to use and a bonnet that I hope you can use"

I have to say that was the most satisfying project.

My second most satisfying project would be the lapghans I crochet for
the veterans at the local hospital. I was lucky and saw three of them
during a news broadcast when they were showing a veteran celebrating
his 100th birthday at the hospital. My lapghans were on three laps so
it was a very nice feeling.

Darlene in Toronto
http://members.rogers.com/craftkitten

Sent using Virtual Access 5.50 - download your freeware copy now
http://www.atlantic-coast.com/downloads/vasetup.exe

Old July 18th 03, 05:45 PM
Molvik Family

Allaya:

What about a link to download the Classy Cardi?

;-)

JJMolvik

Old July 21st 03, 10:31 PM
Mary

My most satisfying project is my unique crochet slippers. My husband
was so impressed with them he talked me into going online with them.
They are actually two pair in one!! If you'd like to see what I mean,
make a quick visit to www.glasscrochet.com. Thanks. Mary