Model 158.12312 Kenmore

Old June 5th 10, 02:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Default Model 158.12312 Kenmore

My local guy who refurbishes older Kenmores has one of these for $35.
Cannot seem to find very much info on the machine. Does anyone know
anything on this model?

thanks in advance,
Ginger in CA
going to try to trade him a very heavy duty Brother in table for it!
Old June 5th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Irene is the expert on these. From what I can tell nosing around that was a
machine similar to a lot of other Kenmore models. I had one that was
158.14?? years ago. My sis has had a couple other similar models and had
good luck with them. If he has it all tuned up and running well, it is
complete and has attachments, controller and manual it is a good deal. That
is just a guess, but $35 for a good machine is not a bad deal.
Taria

Old June 5th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Hi Ginger,

Basic machine, straight stitch and zig zag. It uses standard
low-shank feet, has the big class 15 bobbin (so it uses a bobbin case
and a free arm. Depending on what it comes with (case, manual, feet)
and it's condition (good working order with safe wiring) $35 is a fair
price. I believe the 158's were made by Jaguar/Maruzen back in the
60s-70s and were built like tanks with all metal gears and no plastic
innerds..

There's this exact model currently on ebay with lots os pictures and
descriptions, item number: 370391281464

Good luck! I would not hesitate to purchase a 158 series machine.

-Irene

Old June 5th 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

I have the 1030 and a 13200 already. He is considering trading my
Brother Opus 191 for this new-to-me Kenmore, but he wants to see a
picture of the Brother. I cannot find one online, and do not have a
camera. The Opus is so heavy i cannot even hoist it out of the cabinet
to set it up!

Ginger in CA

wrote:
My local guy who refurbishes older Kenmores has one of these for $35.
Cannot seem to find very much info on the machine. Does anyone know
anything on this model?

thanks in advance,
Ginger in CA
going to try to trade him a very heavy duty Brother in table for it!- Hide quoted text -

Old June 6th 10, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Replying to myself here-
Now am the proud owner of the 158.12312, and the Brother Opus 191 has
been traded. It will need a good maintenance and all, but he got a
good deal. And so did I. So this new Kenmore joins Joe [the 158.13200]
and Sunshine [the 158.1030] and falls between the two sizewise. They
all take the same bobbin which I have plenty of. A good day!

Ginger in CA

Old June 6th 10, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
IMS[_6_]

Excellent! Nothing likehaving several machines that use the same
bobbin and feet - you're ready for anything now

-Irene

Old June 6th 10, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Oh boy Ginger! I think you are an official collector of kenmores. Sounds
like you are having fun and enjoying it. Woohoo!

Old June 6th 10, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Yay, a new baby in the house is always cause for celebration. What are
you going to name this one?

Sunny
cheering for you up here in rainy, cold, gray Washington State
Old June 6th 10, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

Oh golly Sunny. It is around 100 degrees
here today. Sunshine is not in any sort of short supply. My yard is in
shock. I guess it always days at the onset of the hot
season but this year seems worse. I sure hope your weather happies up.
Taria

Old June 7th 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

Taria, I couldn't be happier. I really don't do well in hot weather. I
like sun days, but prefer them the way they often come here throughout
the year -- in the middle of a day when there are floaty clouds off
and on and the weather is changing several times during the day. Last
spring was long and cool, just like this year. Thank goodness, because
we dug up a lot of our perennials when the yard was destroyed and
we're not ready to replant yet. The mild weather is keeping them alive
and thriving. And me, too. Summer will be intense when it hits.
We have days of 100 - 103F every year. Usually a couple three weeks of
it. And September is, in my opinion, the most uncomfortable month of
the summer. By October, we're cool and sometimes have hard frosts.
So, seasons just change pretty quickly and you don't get tired of any
of them, except February, which is a season all its own here. Blah.

Sunny

Kenmore Model 90 Little Sis Sewing 4 January 2nd 14 01:44 PM
Kenmore Model 90 Little Sis Sewing 0 March 18th 09 04:26 AM
Kenmore Model 90 attachments Roger Peters Sewing 3 March 18th 09 04:23 AM
Kenmore Serger Model 385 1664190 [email protected] Sewing 5 May 29th 08 04:55 AM
Kenmore Model 120 & Greiss Zig-Zag Attachment yetiwisdom Quilting 0 May 27th 08 01:59 AM