doll clothes patterns

Old March 4th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Default doll clothes patterns

Hi guys!
I too am new to this group. I have decided to try to knit a winter
wardrobe (I know, spring is flying in fast and I better get a move-on)
for my SIL's doll collection, primarily Cissy, Alex, and Coquette.
Does anyone know if there are any free patterns out there that I can
experiment with before laying out the big bucks? If I turn out to be
all thumbs at it, I will only have lost my pride. LOL. Thanks!

Wendy

Old March 4th 07, 07:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

On Mar 4, 12:23 pm, "myswendy" wrote:
Hi guys!
I too am new to this group. I have decided to try to knit a winter
wardrobe (I know, spring is flying in fast and I better get a move-on)
for my SIL's doll collection, primarily Cissy, Alex, and Coquette.
Does anyone know if there are any free patterns out there that I can
experiment with before laying out the big bucks? If I turn out to be
all thumbs at it, I will only have lost my pride. LOL. Thanks!

Wendy

Oh dear! I'm SO new here, I noted that SOMEone asked me what brand of
dolls, but for the life of me, I can't locate that post now. good
grief! Very sorry. Anyway, I believe they are all Madam Alexander
dolls. Does that help? Gosh I'm so new at this! LOL.

Wendy

Old March 4th 07, 08:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with those particular dolls. This website
might be able to help you:

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.co...ls_clothes.php

Post a photo when you've made an outfit! :-)

lisa

Old March 4th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

Hi Wendy. I knit for dolls but not for the ones you mention. I have
sometimes found patterns on eBay -- you might look there.

It is possible that you might need to check to see if there are any
for dolls similar in size that you might adjust to fit. It seems like
I see more vintage patterns on eBay - which are fine for some of my
dolls but not for others.

I normally knit for Sasha dolls or American Girl dolls. My grand
daughter has a Euro girl which is more the size of a Magic Attic doll
and I have made the Sasha patterns a bit bigger or the American Girl
patterns a bit smaller to fit.

One easy way to do sweaters is to use a top down pattern - actually
one could probably plug the measurements into a top down pattern
formula and
make it work. I find it is easy to adjust the size of these to fit.
I use one that is made for Sasha and just add a couple of rows here
and there to fit my grand daughter's doll. Of course, it helps that I
have a selection of dolls to try things on here.

I am not sure how the measurements on the dolls you mention compare
to others - there are some doll measurement charts on the web, so you
might check there.

Old March 4th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

You might want to check out the patterns for 151/2 inch fashion dolls
on this site in case any of these might fit. As I mentioned, I am not
sure of the size of the dolls you mention.

http://www.geocities.com/patterncrazykd/index.html

Old March 6th 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article . com,
myswendy wrote:
On Mar 4, 12:23 pm, "myswendy" wrote:
Hi guys!
I too am new to this group. I have decided to try to knit a winter
wardrobe (I know, spring is flying in fast and I better get a move-on)
for my SIL's doll collection, primarily Cissy, Alex, and Coquette.
Does anyone know if there are any free patterns out there that I can
experiment with before laying out the big bucks? If I turn out to be
all thumbs at it, I will only have lost my pride. LOL. Thanks!

Wendy

Oh dear! I'm SO new here, I noted that SOMEone asked me what brand of
dolls, but for the life of me, I can't locate that post now. good
grief! Very sorry. Anyway, I believe they are all Madam Alexander
dolls. Does that help? Gosh I'm so new at this! LOL.

Yes, because (as far as I know) all Madam Alexander dolls are the same
size (and pretty much the same faces - only the hair and clothing are
different, in my opinion). They don't have much in the way of joints
either, so clothing for them should be made to be very easy to put on
and remove. Luckily, knitting tends to be stretchy. I recommend
cardigans instead of pullovers, for instance, if you can find tiny
buttons or zippers (or use hook and loop dots, or hooks and eyes).

=Tamar
Old March 6th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JCT

Yes, because (as far as I know) all Madam Alexander dolls are the same
size (and pretty much the same faces - only the hair and clothing are
different, in my opinion). "

I think you are referring to the small (about 8") dolls that are the
ones you usually think of with Madame Alexander. What you say is true
of those dolls. However there have almost always been others. If you
look at www.madamealexander.com you will see the range of dolls
currently produced -- including the couture dolls etc. However, I have
never had a Cissette or any of the newer fashion dolls and am not sure
of their size. The outfits for these dolls are amazing (and not
inexpensive).

Old March 6th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article . com,
JCT wrote:
Yes, because (as far as I know) all Madam Alexander dolls are the same
size (and pretty much the same faces - only the hair and clothing are
different, in my opinion). "

I think you are referring to the small (about 8") dolls that are the
ones you usually think of with Madame Alexander. What you say is true
of those dolls. However there have almost always been others. If you
look at www.madamealexander.com you will see the range of dolls
currently produced -- including the couture dolls etc.

You are right, I had only seen the small ones.

=Tamar

Old March 20th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
myswendy

Thanks for all the answers, guys! I was away on vacation for 2 weeks
(got stranded in sunny Phoenix by the east coast snowstorms--loved
it!) Anyway, I'm confused because my SIL now says they are NOT Madam
Alexander dolls after all. Hmmmm. Oh well. I found some GORGEOUS yarns
while away--I went to the Woolie Ewe in Plano, Texas (which I read
rave reviews for online) and a delightful yarn shop called Tempe Yarn
and Fiber in Tempe, Arizona, scooping up incredible colors of dyed
merino roving in soft aqua/green, deep purple, and bright red (to go
with my Ebay-bought merino white). Can't wait to experiment with them!
Found wonderful yarns for doll clothes too, all on sale (the best
way!)

Wendy

Doll clothes Qintes Yarn 21 January 30th 06 11:07 PM
cabbage patch doll clothes Tania Yarn 1 January 11th 06 02:17 PM
fs&fa FOR QUILT PIECING, Doll Clothes Piecing, Children Clothes Piecing – FINEST IRON AVAILABLE AT ANY PRICE! singer_fw_iron_lover Marketplace 1 August 9th 04 11:10 PM
AD - sequins/bead appliques EBAY AUCTIONS for clothes including doll sized ones Emily Sewing 0 July 6th 04 10:45 PM
Butterick Doll Clothes pattern norma woods Sewing 2 March 3rd 04 05:50 PM