Wish list

Old November 13th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joyce

Default Wish list

My dream would be similar, but I am actually trying to make at least part of
it come true. DD2 went to Australia in January, and since our 50th
anniversary is next April, I persuaded DH that we should go there to
celebrate, and have all presents made as cash contributions from the
children. So far we're still going to go, in spite of a couple of setbacks.
DD is in Perth, where a couple of rctners are, and by hook or by crook, I'm
going to Newcastle to see Trish. So who else can do it? Of course, if by
some miracle we could win the lottery, we'd extend it around the world, but
I'm not holding my breath for that!

Joyce in RSA.

Joyce in RSA.
"Joan E." wrote in message
On Nov 12, 6:52 pm, anne wrote:
What stitching design or accessory or tool or fiber or trip would you love

have?

My dream trip would be to visit all my rctn friends! Those that would
have me, anyway. This would include a trip to Australia to see
Trish and .... drat! can't remember the name of the person on the
other side of Oz... and New Zealand to see Aramanth; to South Africa
to see Joyce and Catherine; to Israel to see Mirjam; and Italy and
Scandinavia and and and....

Anyone want to donate to my fund?

Joan

Old November 13th 08, 08:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

On Nov 13, 10:05*am, lucretia borgia
wrote:

So what we really need to do is pick a cruise ship and all meet for a
cruise.

Not a cruise ship. I would *not* cross the ocean on a ship. How
'bout a private jetliner? More time to spend with whomever we're
visiting next!

Joan

Old November 13th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

wrote:

So what we really need to do is pick a cruise ship and all meet for a
cruise.

Not a cruise ship. *I would *not* cross the ocean on a ship. *How
'bout a private jetliner? *More time to spend with whomever we're
visiting next!

Joan

I agree - seasickness and stitching do not go together.

Linda
Old November 13th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:19:28 -0800 (PST), lewmew
opined:

wrote:

So what we really need to do is pick a cruise ship and all meet for a
cruise.

Not a cruise ship. I would *not* cross the ocean on a ship. How
'bout a private jetliner? More time to spend with whomever we're
visiting next!

Joan

I agree - seasickness and stitching do not go together.

Linda

Those cruise ships have stabilizers - they don't want passengers
getting seasick lol

Would you like to tell that to the passengers on the Crown Cunard Cruise I
went on and hit a storm outside of Nova Scotia. It was fun for me because I
didn't get seasick, but I would say about 85% of the passengers were laid
out all over the place.

The few of us who were okay had a smashing good time having dinner with the
crew.

The only thing I regretted was that I never did get to see Halifax.

Lucille

Old November 13th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

wrote:

[...]

How long ago and how big a boat?

Old November 13th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

That one was about 500 passengers and 300 crew.

I have been on a Carnival ship that held several thousand passengers and saw
people get sick there too. My roomie was desperately ill, as was another
friend of mine in another room on another deck. I didn't think it was too
bad at all, but she was throwing up for hours so I suppose it depends on how
strong a stomach you have and maybe a little attitude.

Lucille

Old November 13th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
On Thu, 13 Nov 2008 18:05:14 -0500, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at
comcast..net opined:

Those cruise ships have stabilizers - they don't want passengers
getting seasick lol

Would you like to tell that to the passengers on the Crown Cunard Cruise I
went on and hit a storm outside of Nova Scotia. It was fun for me because
didn't get seasick, but I would say about 85% of the passengers were laid
out all over the place.

The few of us who were okay had a smashing good time having dinner with
the
crew.

The only thing I regretted was that I never did get to see Halifax.

Lucille

Which one were you on and when ? The stabilizers (that are very
effective) are reasonably recent. Not that I have been on a cruise
ship in zonks, but that is what I hear from those who have.

I thought the benefits of a cruise ship would be far more time spent
together rather than traipsing round everywhere, packing and unpacking
etc. I believe if Joan ever really got to know the sea, she would
love it.

The last one I was on was about 8 or 9 years ago. It was a ginormous
Carnival ship, supposedly with the best stabilizers. When we hit a bad
storm passengers got sick. Some of them were just expecting too and so they
did, others tried but couldn't manage to stay upright.

Cruises are great. Even me, who hates the water and has never set foot in
the pool where I live, loves being on a cruise ship. But if you get sick I
can imagine why you wouldn't want to go through that ever again.

Old November 14th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

wrote:

So what we really need to do is pick a cruise ship and all meet for a
cruise.

Not a cruise ship. I would *not* cross the ocean on a ship. How
'bout a private jetliner? More time to spend with whomever we're
visiting next!

Joan

Have a look at http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vhsBfNxWILg
It's not a cruise ship, it's the ferry from Orkney to mainland Scotland.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK

FO list for Dec. norabalcer Yarn 30 January 12th 06 04:53 PM
what's on your Wish List??? Kate G. Quilting 81 December 23rd 05 05:17 PM
list CHEX Yarn 19 December 6th 05 04:47 PM
OT - Top Ten List bluemaxx Beads 9 October 28th 04 08:18 PM
What everyone wants list Flossy Quilting 3 June 15th 04 04:20 AM