My New Frame is Empty???

Old August 5th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

Default My New Frame is Empty???

I went out with a couple of friends this morning to a Big Lots and found a
really nice bargain. A 5" x 5" rather ornate pewter frame.

Now I must have something to put in it. After all, I wouldn't want the poor
little frame to stay empty, would I?

What wonderful ideas do you have for me for something great that will fit in
a 5 x 5?

Lucille

Old August 5th 08, 08:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

On Aug 5, 2:10*pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:
I went *out with a couple of friends this morning to a Big Lots and found a
really nice bargain. *A 5" x 5" rather ornate pewter frame.

Now I must have something to put in it. *After all, I wouldn't want the poor
little frame to stay empty, would I?

What wonderful ideas do you have for me for something great that will fit in
a 5 x 5?

Lucille

What kind of art do you like? Have you looked at Solaria?

Or how about an intitial?

http://www.dessinsdhc.com/products.php?dpid=59

would be stunning on a silver laced fabric . . .they say it's about 7
inches on 11 count - it would be a perfect fit with a mat on 18. .

Linda
Old August 5th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"lewmew" wrote in message
On Aug 5, 2:10 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:
I went out with a couple of friends this morning to a Big Lots and found a
really nice bargain. A 5" x 5" rather ornate pewter frame.

Now I must have something to put in it. After all, I wouldn't want the
poor
little frame to stay empty, would I?

What wonderful ideas do you have for me for something great that will fit
in
a 5 x 5?

Lucille

What kind of art do you like? Have you looked at Solaria?

Or how about an intitial?

http://www.dessinsdhc.com/products.php?dpid=59

would be stunning on a silver laced fabric . . .they say it's about 7
inches on 11 count - it would be a perfect fit with a mat on 18. .

Linda

Some of the Dessins are very nice, but neither the L or the Z are calling to
me.

I think I would love a miniature sampler. I might even have a Drawn Thread
chart in my stash that has two tiny samplers. I really should go and look,
shouldn't I?

Lucille

Old August 5th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

Lucille

So why not just do a letter you like? I'm partial to Q myself
Old August 5th 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Lucille wrote:

What wonderful ideas do you have for me for something great that will fit in
a 5 x 5?

Lucille

Michaels has some nice NP kits that work up to 5x5.

--

Karen C - California
Editor/Proofreader www.IntlProofingConsortium.com

Finished 7/27/08 - MLI Christmas Visit

WIP: Oriental Kimono (Janlynn), MLI The Teacher (gift to
the library), Bethany Angel (Marbek)
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel, MLI Farmers Market

CFSfacts -- where we give you the facts and dispel the myths
Myths, with research cites: http://www.aacfs.org/images/pdfs/myths.pdf
Newest research blog: http://journals.aol.com/kmc528/Lifeasweknowit/
Old August 6th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
j_hockeypuck

On Aug 5, 3:10 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:
I went out with a couple of friends this morning to a Big Lots and found a
really nice bargain. A 5" x 5" rather ornate pewter frame.

Now I must have something to put in it. After all, I wouldn't want the poor
little frame to stay empty, would I?

What wonderful ideas do you have for me for something great that will fit in
a 5 x 5?

Lucille

Hi,

Most of the mill hill kits fit into the 5x5 frame....I have a few that
I change out for the seasons.

S n MD
Old August 6th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Lucille wrote:
"lewmew" wrote in message
[...]

How about one of the initials from M Designs? The L and Z are both
lovely, and would suit an elaborate pewter frame well, I think.

http://www.m--designs.com/catalog/alphabetseries.html

It doesn't say how big they are, though. But they don't appear huge, and
you can vary the fabric size. And working with variegated could make it
interesting without a lot of changing!

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
Old August 6th 08, 02:15 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"
How about one of the initials from M Designs? The L and Z are both lovely,
and would suit an elaborate pewter frame well, I think.

http://www.m--designs.com/catalog/alphabetseries.html

It doesn't say how big they are, though. But they don't appear huge, and
you can vary the fabric size. And working with variegated could make it
interesting without a lot of changing!

Sue

--
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
www.dirtylinen.com

Thanks. These are very nice and are going to the top of the list.

Lucille

Old August 6th 08, 12:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
anne

Free is always in style. How about a butterfly?

http://www.classicstitches.com/main/...x?Chart_ID=188

You could pick one or two to fit your frame
--
another anne, add ingers to reply

home needed for a "Bill's Frame" frame kiera kristinsdottir Needlework 21 January 6th 14 11:12 PM
Rctn ... empty ????? Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Needlework 0 November 18th 05 03:19 PM
empty cards LARS WESTERLUND Sewing 0 July 31st 05 08:35 PM
john flynn frame + q snap floor frame Frank & Renee Quilting 6 July 7th 05 02:39 PM
OT;The generation running on empty Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 3 November 12th 03 04:28 PM