JCS Ornament Issue

Old September 19th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Twinsmom

Default JCS Ornament Issue

My LNS just called, and my reserved copy is available. Hopefully I can
get there Saturday to get it. Has anyone received theirs yet? What do
you think about it?

Carolyn

Old September 20th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan E.

Twinsmom wrote:
My LNS just called, and my reserved copy is available. Hopefully I can
get there Saturday to get it. Has anyone received theirs yet? What do
you think about it?

I rec'd mine late last week. I've bookmarked 4 designs I hope to one
day stitch. I can't remember which designers, but one is the advent
wreath w/ purple candles, one's of the manger with "loose" straw, one
is a sampler- or hardanger-type with lots of green, can't remember the
4th one at the moment.

Joan

Old September 20th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Twinsmom wrote:
My LNS just called, and my reserved copy is available. Hopefully I can
get there Saturday to get it. Has anyone received theirs yet? What do
you think about it?

Carolyn

Is this the "real" one, or the one I've been seeing on the store stands
that says "Ornament Preview Issue"? 'Cause I have to admit, I haven't
seen anything in that one that makes me wanna stitch it!
Tegan

Old September 20th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Sara

On 19 Sep 2006 12:02:36 -0700, "Twinsmom"
wrote:

My LNS just called, and my reserved copy is available. Hopefully I can
get there Saturday to get it. Has anyone received theirs yet? What do
you think about it?

Carolyn

Mine came in the mail on Monday. I'm not overwhelmed, but I haven't
had a chance to examine it in detail yet.

Sara
Old September 20th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Beverly B

Ornament Preview issue is the regular issue of JCS but they added a few
ornaments to it. It is not the ornie issue! I thought it was too at first
but as soon as I got it home and looked I realized that it was the normal
September issue of the magazine.
Beverly B

wrote in message
ups.com...

Old September 20th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Susan Hartman

Sara wrote:
Mine came in the mail on Monday. I'm not overwhelmed, but I haven't
had a chance to examine it in detail yet.

You know, that's the feeling I get every year. I'm underwhelmed at first
glance, then I look through carefully and say, "I like that one" and "I
like THAT one", and before you know it, I have a whole bunch that I want
to do!

sue

Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
The Magazine of Folk and World Music
http://www.dirtylinen.com
Old September 20th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Anne M

Got my copy last night and not impressed with some ornaments and loved
others. I liked the "house ornaments". The only drawback is that a lot of
the designers used specialty threads. I love those threads but since there
is not a LNS handy, I have to mail order and it makes the ornament so
expensive. Usually I just follow the pattern and use my leftover stash to
keep the cost down.

oups.com...

Old September 20th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Karen C - California

Anne M wrote:

Got my copy last night and not impressed with some ornaments and loved
others. I liked the "house ornaments". The only drawback is that a lot of
the designers used specialty threads. I love those threads but since there
is not a LNS handy, I have to mail order and it makes the ornament so
expensive. Usually I just follow the pattern and use my leftover stash to
keep the cost down.

I have always considered patterns a springboard to be changed. I'll
leave stuff out, I'll change colors, I'll add Kreinik where there is none...

--

Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

Finished 9/10/06 - two ornaments

WIP: baby and housewarming gifts, July birthstone, Flowers of
Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
Retrieved from UFO pile: Marbek's Snow Angel
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

Editor/Proofreader www.KarenMCampbell.com
Design page http://www.KarenMCampbell.com/designs.html
Old September 24th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Kathy Tabb

I got the cover......the PO sent me a regrets-it-was-damaged
note. Called the subscription dept who told me they'd put
another copy in the mail but I probably won't get it till
November.

Old September 24th 06, 12:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Suzanne N. Fernandes

I have a question. I have a two year subscription to JCS. Will I
automatically get the Ornament issue, or should I go out and buy it?

Suzanne
Ottawa, Ontario

Kathy Tabb wrote:
I got the cover......the PO sent me a regrets-it-was-damaged
note. Called the subscription dept who told me they'd put
another copy in the mail but I probably won't get it till
November.

JCS Christmas ornament issue Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 11 September 15th 05 11:00 AM
JCS Ornament Issue Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen Needlework 10 October 2nd 04 10:37 PM
JXS Ornament Issue Tamara Needlework 25 September 18th 04 02:02 PM
ISO JCS Ornament Issue Jacqueline Cahoon Needlework 10 September 21st 03 01:53 PM
2003 JCS Ornament Issue Beverly B Needlework 0 September 6th 03 03:08 PM