Waterlilies by Caron exchange?

Old February 15th 06, 02:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Default Waterlilies by Caron exchange?

Duh! It would have helped if I'd read below email address... my brain
said "It's a .sig, skip it..."
Heather

Old February 15th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

As long as you send 8 bobbins or less Heather I can guarantee you'll
have all different floss colors back (because I have 8 colors myself)
Another stitcher is sending 8 bobbins (2 colors, 4 bobbins of each) --
so it looks like we will have 10 colors available...

Have fun and sure, sending duplicates would not be unwelcome... Quite
frankly I'm going to swap out duplicates myself (taking a skein and
turning it into 5 bobbins to share, plus a keeper for self!) -- that's
the whole point for my own stitchery (smile) to take duplicates and
replace them with other colors choices. All I know for certain is
seldom do I use an entire skein of any floss, but I enjoy using bits
and pieces of various colors in samplers and such.

I know -- clear as mud.

Old February 15th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Cool! I checked my stash at lunch. Any excuse to go home and fondle
floss! I have 4 different Caron silks, and about 10 others. Since
this exchange is only Carons, those are what I'll use. I can't seem to
get your email address from the earlier post (I'm stuck using Google
groups, bleech!), so could you please email me: Heather.Eberhardt at
gmail.com .
Thanks,
Heather

Old February 15th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Oh Heather, I understand the floss gazing... I do that too!
There's so much potential in silk floss.

This is one of my favorites (the butterflies are silk though not
Waterlilies brand)
http://www.janice142.com/needles/Rhodes.jpg

Anyway, thanks for joining in the fun.
Private email heading your way.

Old February 21st 06, 11:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Ladies, the first three colors have arrived -- Ice, Opal, and Sky Blue
Pink -- they are gorgeous!!!

These are the colors we have at this point:
Blush
Olive
Ambrosia
Storm Clouds
Succotash
Mountain Meadow
Sunglow
Spruce
Ice
Opal
Sky Blue Pink

Pistachio Nut (only two more bobbins of that one!)
Morning Mist (gone, to the first swapper)

So, ladies, if you haven't mailed in your bobbins, now would be a good
time to do so.

Old February 22nd 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Update: New colors arrived today!!!

Williamsburg
Sunset
Jade

plus, the very popular Sky Blue Pink (said while smiling -- it's a
beautiful color)
Swapping continues

We are waiting on two more colors (should arrive tomorrow) and I'll be
mailing out your goodies the next day.
We have some wonderful choices ladies -- I'm ticked for all of us.

One thing I did notice though was that some of my skeins (specifically,
all but one color) were a bit shy of 6 yards. So far just ONE SKEIN had
the 6 yards indicated on the label. As most of my skeins were older and
brand new prior to this swap I'm assuming the quality control, i.e.
length of floss, has improved since these were purchased. Heck, mine
were old enough to have hand-written labels.
Just something to be aware of....

Heather, yours were beautifully wrapped on the bobbins - could you
while looking at yours check to see if the "remainder" actually equals
6 total yards? Since most of mine did not, and for certain Gil's Ice
didn't, I'm curious. It's not a "bit deal" (I kept for my keeper
collection the oversized bits -- basically I'm short by between 1 and 2
feet per skein)

Old February 22nd 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Janice,

I think my two colours might take a little more than one day to get to you -
it is a fair distance from Alberta to Florida!

Addie

oups.com...

Old February 24th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Thanks for letting us know Addie... I'll let you know when it arrives
here.
And thank you for participating.

Old March 2nd 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

All colors have arrived. Ladies -- they are so pretty. I'm delighted
and hope you are too.
The palatte has expanded and I'll be mailing our goodies out tomorrow

Thank you for participating in the Waterlilies silk floss swap.

Re; Guild Fat quarter exchange ideas mauvicem Quilting 0 December 19th 04 12:53 PM
FAQ's for 6x6 exchange NoraBalcer Yarn 3 November 27th 04 12:23 PM
FAQ's for the 6x6 exchange NoraBalcer Yarn 6 August 29th 04 09:45 PM
The FAQ's for the ongoing 6 x 6 inch square exchange: Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 May 26th 04 03:53 PM
Questions and answers about the 6 x 6 square exchange: Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 0 April 24th 04 10:22 PM