Workshops - Where do I start?

Old May 4th 05, 05:39 AM
dkat

"Lori" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ah, dkat - these are all excellent suggestions! As we're also working
on junior workshops (the kids have to have some fun, too!!!), these
would make for some interesting projects - especially the birdhouses.
Thank you so much!

We had considered a pit-firing workshop for the youngsters - now it's
going to be tough to decide - maybe a playday with one or two projects?
Tough call. :-)

Best,

Lori

I will post others that come up in our studio if I think you will find them
interesting. I mostly wanted to add that when I'm too tired to pot but want
to play I grab small bits of clay, roll them into balls (giant marble
sizes), look for interesting things around the house to push into them or
just with a tools carve in flower shapes or chinese looking letters, etc. I
bisque fire them to be used as stamps. Maybe 50% end up being successful
but they are almost free and they are great to have around to give immediate
gratification to those just entering the world of clay.

Would love to hear what you find successful with your workshops. We can
also use ideas.

Donna