Got it !!!!!

Old February 7th 04, 07:25 PM
Judy Rigby

Default Got it !!!!!

OK. This is definitively it. "Flower Power" is being worked on the 32ct
Belfast linen. Idea of floor frame abandoned in favour of doing it
piece by piece on the hoop. Fabric's the right size, a line of
tacking's been run east-west & north-south. Thereby locating centre. AND
close enough to the centre for counting is a bit in one of the colours
already in stock ... so the first 12 crosses are done !!! (*That* bit I
managed all by myself.)

Once more, thanks to all for the support given during this difficult
transition in my life

See you all in ... what was it ? ... 5-6 years, I think you said ...
might be sooner if I happen to feel like boasting or bewailing in the
meantime
--
Judy

Old February 7th 04, 08:08 PM
Gillian Murray

Keep us updated, OK?? I was the one who found it in a yard sale last week. I
would LOVE to do it, but I am sure would never finish it.
It is SO nice being an enabler, and encourage others to spend their
hard-earned cash!! LOL!!

Gillian
Florida

Old February 7th 04, 10:08 PM
CowieLuv

Keep us updated, OK?? I was the one who found it in a yard sale last week. I
would LOVE to do it, but I am sure would never finish it.
It is SO nice being an enabler, and encourage others to spend their
hard-earned cash!! LOL!!

Gillian, what a lucky find!! This is a must do, but will wait to get more done
on that map first. Did your chart ever come out from hiding?

TERESA
Old February 7th 04, 10:56 PM
jane h.

Yee haw!! And you're off!!

Congrats on taking the plunge...you'll love the results!! Keep us updated on
your progress so we can all cheer you along!!

Old February 8th 04, 12:33 AM
Texasxsgal1

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwwwwwww for Judy. You will probably finish a lot faster
than I did. I did it on 28 ct Jobelan. And there is an online support group in
yahoo groups. The archives over there also have printable charts for the
hummers over one. If you need to vent , I'll be ratcheer LOLOL.
kathy
san antonio
Old February 8th 04, 12:36 AM
Texasxsgal1

Sorry to follow up on my own post, but be sure to read the charts carefully.
There are some symbols that look alike and it is easy to mix em up. especially
the '/o and the o\' --- that's how I wound up with "hybrid delphiniums, used a
pale blue instead of pale gray on the white ones-- and i began with the delphs,
since i usually start in lower right corner.
kathy
san antonio
Old February 8th 04, 12:41 AM
Judy Rigby

Well, thank you all very much. I feel most warmly welcomed here. Please
forgive me if I breach group etiquette, but being as I'm not sure what
it is as yet, I'm bound to commit some terrible gaffe before I'm done

Now. Would it be a welcome thing if I introduced myself & my
needlecraft history ?
--
Judy
Old February 8th 04, 12:46 AM
Judy Rigby

Texasxsgal1 writes
Sorry to follow up on my own post, but be sure to read the charts carefully.
There are some symbols that look alike and it is easy to mix em up. especially
the '/o and the o\' --- that's how I wound up with "hybrid delphiniums, used a
pale blue instead of pale gray on the white ones-- and i began with the delphs,
since i usually start in lower right corner.

Good tip Where sensible, I prefer to work top down & left to right,
so for preference I start top left corner. But for this, I'm slap bang
in the middle, & will move out from there as the fancy takes me

--
Judy
Old February 8th 04, 12:50 AM
Gillian Murray

Nope,

Still haven't found it. But I have started to burrow my way through my
bedroom closet, and I am SURE I last saw it there. That means it could have
slipped behind anything.

Gillian