newbie geezer

Old November 5th 03, 07:00 AM
spineynorman

Default newbie geezer

maybe this is of topic but am i the only bloke in the group or are
there any other gents here?

I have been sewing (badly) for about 5 years and have stuck to
oriental themes so what are you blokes doing and how did you get
started? (its my wifes fault, she started me but now shes stopped
sewing and started messing with peoples feet (or training as a
reflexologist as she would put it)
Old November 5th 03, 11:18 AM
Fred

Welcome Geezer!
Yes there are a few "Gentlemen Stitchers" that post here.
I can't help you with sewing but if you do cross stitch,
needlepoint or petite point I may be of some help to you.
If I can't provide an answer or make a error in judgement
(men make errors in judgement they do not make mistakes)
I'm sure one of the "Ladies" can be coaxed for an answer.
You might have to say "Pretty Please".LOL
Might you be an English Bloke or a Down Under Bloke?

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

om...

Old November 5th 03, 11:44 AM
F.James Cripwell

spineynorman ) writes:
maybe this is of topic but am i the only bloke in the group or are
there any other gents here?

I have been sewing (badly) for about 5 years and have stuck to
oriental themes so what are you blokes doing and how did you get
started? (its my wifes fault, she started me but now shes stopped
sewing and started messing with peoples feet (or training as a
reflexologist as she would put it)

No you are not the only "bloke" on rctn. There is also a group of
male stitchers, but I dont know the URL. You may or may not be
interested, but I tend to stitch "male oriented" patterns. Try a visit to
www.ncf.ca/~bf906. And welcome to RCTN. As to how I got started; I
have told that story too many times.
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old November 6th 03, 04:19 AM
explorer

"F.James Cripwell" wrote in message
spineynorman ) writes:
maybe this is of topic but am i the only bloke in the group or are
there any other gents here?

I have been sewing (badly) for about 5 years and have stuck to
oriental themes so what are you blokes doing and how did you get
started? (its my wifes fault, she started me but now shes stopped
sewing and started messing with peoples feet (or training as a
reflexologist as she would put it)

No you are not the only "bloke" on rctn. There is also a group of
male stitchers, but I dont know the URL. You may or may not be
interested, but I tend to stitch "male oriented" patterns. Try a visit to
www.ncf.ca/~bf906. And welcome to RCTN. As to how I got started; I
have told that story too many times.
--

"male oriented patterns" is Jim's way of saying "lovely ladies in varying
states of dress or undress".

Really, though, he does pictures of artistic value as opposed to "nudie
pictures".

Old November 6th 03, 05:56 AM
Skyhooks

F.James Cripwell wrote:

spineynorman ) writes:
maybe this is of topic but am i the only bloke in the group or are
there any other gents here?

No you are not the only "bloke" on rctn. There is also a group of
male stitchers, but I dont know the URL. You may or may not be
interested, but I tend to stitch "male oriented" patterns. Try a visit to
www.ncf.ca/~bf906. And welcome to RCTN. As to how I got started; I
have told that story too many times.
--
Jim Cripwell.

But Jim, how can "Norman" know how you started needleworking if he
didn't ask and you weren't to answer -- after all, he's a newbie, as we
all have been at one point (I think I still am?????). Not to mention, I
would love to hear again your story about how you and Jill met each
other and started needleworking together! There will never be too many
times I hear your tales, Jim, never! You and Jill had a very special
and rare "thing" that not too many people are blessed to find. I count
myself lucky to know you, Jim

Sweet Stitching!!!!!!!

Helen (Skyhooks)
hmardis "aht" uiuc "daught" edu

"reply to" address munged -- read line above for correct addy.

TFTD: Good things turn up when both corners of your mouth do the same!
Old November 6th 03, 11:44 AM
spineynorman

spineynorman ) writes:
[...]

lol i get the picture now