My New Frame is Empty???

Old August 6th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)

Default My New Frame is Empty???

ellice wrote:
Oh, do you want these???? We have the full packet of the alphabet, and also
have a packet broken to sell by the sheet. Besides the M designs letters.
And there is a lovely set of monograms from Marjorie Massey, Le Passe'
Compose, and from Reflets de Soie. Also, we have a couple of books from
France, of all Monograms. And Dessings has some charts that are monochrome,
with a letter in the midst of different borders, etc.

Just check out the dessin's stuff on European Cross Stitch - I think they
have a bunch - we get directly from Dessin's.

Design your own Celtic Alphabet characters
http://www.celticxstitch.ie/cgi-bin/stitches.cgi
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old August 6th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 8/6/08 9:10 AM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

On 8/5/08 4:20 PM, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:

"lewmew" wrote in message
On Aug 5, 2:10 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:
I went out with a couple of friends this morning to a Big Lots and
found a
really nice bargain. A 5" x 5" rather ornate pewter frame.

Now I must have something to put in it. After all, I wouldn't want the
poor
little frame to stay empty, would I?

What wonderful ideas do you have for me for something great that will
fit
in
a 5 x 5?

Lucille

What kind of art do you like? Have you looked at Solaria?

Or how about an intitial?

http://www.dessinsdhc.com/products.php?dpid=59

would be stunning on a silver laced fabric . . .they say it's about 7
inches on 11 count - it would be a perfect fit with a mat on 18. .

Linda

Some of the Dessins are very nice, but neither the L or the Z are
calling to
me.

I think I would love a miniature sampler. I might even have a Drawn
Thread
chart in my stash that has two tiny samplers. I really should go and
look,
shouldn't I?

Lucille

I have some little ones from Dessin's that are freebies - I'll throw
something in with the turtles when they swim your way.

ellice

I have the turtles (actually my Mother does). Are you thinking of
something
else?

Ceryl

I think I have a little alphabet sampler in my stash from Drawn Thread and
it would be perfect for the frame. Or anything that has some interesting
stitches would be nice. Or something whimsical, or, or, or----Way too many
choices and Way too little time.

Lucille

Old August 6th 08, 03:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"Joan E." wrote in message
On Aug 5, 2:10 pm, "Lucille" lzoltynospam@now at comcast..net wrote:

What wonderful ideas do you have for me for something great that will fit
in
a 5 x 5?

Do you like needlepoint? Here's are some pretty butterflies:
http://www.dimensions-crafts.com/pro...idproduct=2164
http://www.dimensions-crafts.com/pro...idproduct=2133

Or, there's this *really* cute design, of a Maltese (that's what Puff
is, right?)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Crafts/Cros...-169551961.htm
I think if you picked one face, it would probably be about the right
size.

Good luck!

Joan

Yes, Puff is a Maltese and these are just too cute and look exactly like he
did when he was a 2 lb. puppy. They definitely are a possibility.

Now teach me--how in heck do you pay cash or to a bank in New Zealand. It
looks complicated.

Lucille

Old August 6th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

"lewmew" wrote in message

[...]

ellice- Hide quoted text -

Hey - don't forget me! LOL!

Linda

Won't forget - when your package gets put together. Waiting on the charts
from Laura.

Ellice

Old August 6th 08, 09:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

"lewmew" wrote in message
[...]

Lucille is getting the turtles - with some spectacular fabric & thread
(overdyed cotton). You have your own other squishy sitting on my DR table.
Just as you know, I always put a surprise in my friends' packages.....

Ellice

home needed for a "Bill's Frame" frame kiera kristinsdottir Needlework 21 January 6th 14 11:12 PM
Rctn ... empty ????? Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Needlework 0 November 18th 05 03:19 PM
empty cards LARS WESTERLUND Sewing 0 July 31st 05 08:35 PM
john flynn frame + q snap floor frame Frank & Renee Quilting 6 July 7th 05 02:39 PM
OT;The generation running on empty Dianne Lewandowski Needlework 3 November 12th 03 04:28 PM