silk painting

Old May 27th 04, 03:11 PM
BDS2pds

Default silk painting

Oh thank you for your kind words but I can never leave a "piece" alone. The
suggestions had 25 or so stitches repeated over and over so I added the other
60 myself so no stitch repeated much. I did stick with the suggested DMC
coloration as it fit perfectly for what I am doing but translated that into
silks. I bought it for the design so I did not have to do that part. I am
leaving the design as drawn. That saved me hours and hours of work. I am
putting it in a federal room with red draperies and yellow brocade federal
settee and red/yellow/gold Martha Washington Lolling Chairs , one in front of
each 3 windows, and a chair highlighting the emblem in mahagany too. I just
love this room. I found a Waterford ceiling lamp that makes "pollyanna" rays
outward into the ceiling which is brilliant. Then I miraculously found federal
era lace reproduction curtains for under the red from Nottingham lace antique
looms that fit perfectly-- not too Victorian which a lot are these days-- with
the wreath in it that works, an eagle convex mirror, bookcasing with light blue
Jasperware inside , an Irish drum table appropriate to the era, a tea table,
and a large 42" tilt table --all mahagany , and a wonderful library table etc.
so using it as a library so we will actually use the room. The silk painting
piece is big so have no idea what to use for a frame though--stock frames I
have memorized since nothing ever changes and I have seen them so often, and
they seem improper to me for this. The frame will need to be gold to work
but so little into the project yet that not too worried about that yet. Of
course, like all needlework projects, it is going to be an odd sized finished
piece!
Old May 28th 04, 04:45 AM
Angel

Try looking for some antique frames of the period--most are dark
wood(mahogany or cherry) and were made for portraits.
"BDS2pds" wrote in message
[...]

---

silk thread painting BDS2pds Needlework 6 May 27th 04 10:18 PM
When embroidering silk on silk? Mirjam Bruck-Cohen Needlework 18 May 12th 04 10:49 PM
silk painting BDS2pds Needlework 2 April 1st 04 02:50 PM
silk mori BDS2pds Needlework 0 February 20th 04 01:31 PM
Navy blue silk velvet Ericka Kammerer Needlework 0 September 30th 03 02:22 AM