FireHouse Angel (finishing)

Old September 13th 03, 06:28 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Jenn Liace wrote:
I know it's a lot of names, but what about backstitching them in a
rectangle around the Angel, sort of like an inner border? (And yes
I'll volunteer to do a big chunk of work on that part if we decide to
go that route, in addition to the Angel herself).

I cross stitched the logo of our local hospital. When framed, I had a
brass plaque made that attached to the center bottom of the frame and
said:

"Dedicated to the staff and administration for their efforts on behalf
of Oconto Memorial Hospital"

Why can't we just add something to that affect to the frame of this
stitched piece? Something akin to:
"Dedicated to the 344 Firemen who gave selflessly as events unfolded on
September 11, 2001."

Dianne

Old September 13th 03, 06:32 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Jenn Liace wrote:
I don't necessarily want this page to turn
into an advertisement for TIAG (because our focus in doing this page
is as information for the project itself, at least IMHO) so I think
that information about how the Angel (the original design) came to be
and Marilyn's story need to be on an inner page, not on the home page.

Already ahead of you on that one. g

I tend to agree on avoiding using "hero". I believe I'd read in
various news articles shortly after 9/11/01 that the police,
firefighters, etc. did not consider themselves heroes, just ordinary
people doing their jobs in what turned out to be extraordinary
circumstances.

Also, over the last two years I've been reading various news articles,
opinion pieces (professional) and letter writers - and this is too hot a
topic to use that word. Unfortunate though that may be in the minds and
hearts of many people.

I just read - in the week end edition of USAToday - a letter to the
editor having much disdain for the Lynch fiasco - citing many examples
of soldiers and others who got no "hero" status for their heroic deeds.

So, for the time being, I think we should steer clear of the word.

Dianne

Old September 14th 03, 05:02 PM
Beth Katz

I explained the project to Marilyn and asked about the big color copy.
But then Victoria laminated it. That was a good choice. But if you
need to get permission for posting her words and using the name in the
title of the project, I think it would be better to contact her directly.
I'd feel better not being a go-between here. It's your project.

You can send Marilyn email yourself at

--
Beth Katz

animaux wrote:
Dianne I love everything so far. Do you think we need Marilyn's
permission to name it Firehouse Angel of the Morning? It's not the
same name, but it IS the design. Beth...or anyone in The Garden, will
you ask Marilyn if we can title the page "Firehouse Angel of the
Morning" if we put a link to her site? Somewhere on the finished piece,
on the back, will give her a credit for being the designer. I think
maybe we should also put the reason she give on her website and how
she didn't know what it was for, then the buildings, then she knew.
Did everyone read that on her site?

Old September 14th 03, 08:04 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

I'll email her immediately and explain what we're doing. I see that
Victoria is also emailing her, which is good because she can present
this in a different way than I will. I just want permission to link to
the pic and use the name "Firehouse Angel of the Morning" for the site.
Victoria will be better at explaining why we're doing this.
Thanks for your efforts. The site is ready to go except for this info.
Dianne