Help with material for pants.

Old October 11th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Johnny

Default Help with material for pants.

Perhaps some folks here can help me with a problem I'm having locating
some items I need.

Here is my problem, we are issued uniform pants and they must be dry
cleaned. Now after some time the dry cleaning has worn the rubber out
that helps hold your shirt inside. This rubber is inside the waist
band and is gone. What this does is keep you having to do a re-tuck
all day and it gets old fast.

I have been to very fabric store between in our area. No one carries
this stuff. Years ago I had the same problem and I was able to find
some a fabric store.

The last store I was at the lady said she had not seen this stuff in
years. I'm looking for a supplier where I can buy a roll and keep it
on hand. The sad thing is the pants are in good shape it's only the
waist band that is shot.

Any help would be appreciated

Old October 11th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing

Johnny wrote:
Perhaps some folks here can help me with a problem I'm having locating
some items I need.

Here is my problem, we are issued uniform pants and they must be dry
cleaned. Now after some time the dry cleaning has worn the rubber out
that helps hold your shirt inside. This rubber is inside the waist
band and is gone. What this does is keep you having to do a re-tuck
all day and it gets old fast.

From sewing.about.com:

Where can I find the gripper products used in waistbands to keep shirts
and blouses tucked in?
Cecelia H.,
e-mail

Waistband Grippers
Ely E. Yawitz Company, Dept. SN, Box 14325, St. Louis, MO 63178, sells
two products made with Snugtex non-slip rubber: 1 1/4"-wide belting in
white and 2 1/2"-wide waistband curtain in ivoly navy and black. The
company also stocks sew-in or fusible waistband gripper tabs in beige or
black. For a free catalog of sewing, pressing and tailoring supplies,
write to the address above, e-mail or call (800) 325-7915.