Converting Paternayan old colors old to new colors

Old September 1st 14, 11:49 PM
Marco Andres Marco Andres is offline
Junior Member

Default Converting Paternayan old colors old to new colors

I've attached to this message a txt file containing the color conversions from the old Paternayan colors to the new ones. Now that the new colors are being produced again by Saco Dyehouse and Waverly also has equivalents to the colors, it seemed like a good time to include this conversion chart from the old to the new Paternayan colors.

Fortunately I had a copy of this information, which I had gleaned from the web and had converted into an Excel workbook. Since the table in chart form with grid lines was too large to be uploaded as a Word doc or a PDF file, I've saved the file as a txt file.

This file is very useful if you are using charts from the 1970's. For example, Maggie Lane "Chinese Rugs Designed for Needlepoint". This book contains a multitude of rug designs with motifs that can be altered and recombined. Although it was published in the 1970's the designs are timeless and fresh and, as she suggests, can be updated with different colors. Maggie Lane includes detailed instructions on altering her designs and for making new ones as well as blocking and finishing needlepoint rugs. Her books are a constant delight to me and make me return to them often.
Attached Files
File Type: txt old_colors.txt (3.8 KB, 300 views)

Last edited by Marco Andres : September 1st 14 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typo

So many colors! [email protected] Needlework 11 December 17th 08 05:21 PM
Help with converting colors Jenn L Needlework 3 December 6th 05 04:12 PM
Paternayan colors Bungadora Needlework 6 January 17th 05 01:08 AM
About colors Pirjo Ilvesvuori Needlework 2 March 25th 04 07:25 PM
Colors NoraBalcer Yarn 4 October 31st 03 03:55 PM