A crafts forum. CraftBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CraftBanter forum » Textiles newsgroups » Needlework
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Converting Paternayan old colors old to new colors

Old September 1st 14, 11:49 PM

First recorded activity by CraftBanter: Aug 2014
Default Converting Paternayan old colors old to new colors

I've attached to this message a txt file containing the color conversions from the old Paternayan colors to the new ones. Now that the new colors are being produced again by Saco Dyehouse and Waverly also has equivalents to the colors, it seemed like a good time to include this conversion chart from the old to the new Paternayan colors.

Fortunately I had a copy of this information, which I had gleaned from the web and had converted into an Excel workbook. Since the table in chart form with grid lines was too large to be uploaded as a Word doc or a PDF file, I've saved the file as a txt file.

This file is very useful if you are using charts from the 1970's. For example, Maggie Lane "Chinese Rugs Designed for Needlepoint". This book contains a multitude of rug designs with motifs that can be altered and recombined. Although it was published in the 1970's the designs are timeless and fresh and, as she suggests, can be updated with different colors. Maggie Lane includes detailed instructions on altering her designs and for making new ones as well as blocking and finishing needlepoint rugs. Her books are a constant delight to me and make me return to them often.
Attached Files
File Type: txt old_colors.txt (3.8 KB, 300 views)

Last edited by Marco Andres : September 1st 14 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typo
Ads