FO's and WIP's

Old October 2nd 03, 12:59 AM
Claire

It's like a carrycot only usually made from woven rush-type material - or
like a wicker basket- long and oval. I suppose wooden cribs are more common
over there in America? I usually put the baby in one of these until they are
a few months old - it can be easily moved from room to room with me or taken
upstairs at bedtime if the baby is already asleep downstairs, without having
to wake it up. I have one that I've borrowed and made a cotton liner and
valance for it (so that it looks pretty and I can whip it off and throw it
in the washing machine if the baby throws up in the basket - easier than
scrubbing the basket and also protects the baby from draughts.) They are
usually lined with pastel colours or frilly white material and lacy but I
prefer 'busier' patterns - Baby Number 2 had orange fabric with little
crocodiles on it- a tad bizarre but colourful and when she was little she
would lie for ages looking at the pattern without getting bored. I haven't
chosen the patterned fabric for this baby yet but have made the cotton liner
and just have to choose the material and add the 'curtain bit' around the
outside. It's fiddly but it salves my conscience about re-using old things
for the baby - not that I feel any need to buy new equipment for each baby,
but I do like them to have something new ready and waiting for them- usually
knitted jackets and the basket. Probably comes from being one of a large
family where everything was pre-owned and handed down. I always longed for
something that had only ever belonged to *me*.

Here's a picture of one in case my description is totally hopeless:
http://www.johnlewis.com/stores/prod...trsid=332&m=-1

Claire

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

Claire, what is a Moses basket? and how is it used?
Thanks
Shelagh

"Claire" wrote in message
I can't believe another month has gone by already. And I've not finished
*anything* off this month! Still working on the Christmas jumpers but

also
dealing with grotty colds all round, sorting out stuff for the new baby
(trimming the Moses basket etcetera, which I do fresh each time) and

making
duvet covers for Number 2 who has graduated to a duvet as she keeps

evicting
her blankets and pulling off the sheets (it's like she's taken up Irish
dancing in her sleep!) Have also sorted out excess 'stuff' and done a

car
boot sale to get rid of it. Trouble is, the more sorting out I do, the

more
excess stuff I find- the more car boot sales I'm going to have to do!

And
only seven weeks to go- am feeling a little bit frantic!

So, WIP a
Son's Christmas jumper (age 10)
Daughter's christmas jumper (age 1)

Claire

Old October 2nd 03, 02:30 AM
Janise Ross

Congratulations, Ranee. That is wonderful news! Hope you have an easy
pregnancy and the heartburn goes away.

Janise

"Ranee Mueller" wrote in message

I am pregnant again! We are expecting number 4 around the last
week of February or the first week of March. Rich wants to schedule it
for the 29th, but that is a weekend.

Regards,
Ranee

Old October 2nd 03, 04:46 AM
Shillelagh

Claire
Thank you for the info and the link to the picture. I knew right away what
you meant - we would just call it a wicker baby basket here. I understand
about the busy pattern - keeping baby quiet and happy is a good thing. ;)

Shelagh

Old October 2nd 03, 10:58 AM
Pirjo Ilvesvuori

Same here, congrats to new mum.
Best: Pirjo
Jennifer Molvik kirjoitti
WE DID MISS IT!!!!!! She had the baby on Sept 3!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

JJMolvik

Old October 2nd 03, 06:17 PM
NoraBalcer

Ranee,

Oh, how wonderful, another little one. Best wishes and keep us informed.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 2nd 03, 07:18 PM
Anna Vuori

Auntie is right. I agree with her.
Best: Pirjo
NoraBalcer kirjoitti

Old October 3rd 03, 06:30 PM
Ranee Mueller

In article , "Katherine
Burgess" wrote:

That is wonderful, Ranee! You already have three boys, right? My
grandmother used to say that heartburn meant that hair was growing.
Katherine

I had heartburn with all of them, but this time it started a lot
earlier. All of them had hair, but who knows if that is true.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove do not and spam to e-mail me.

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of
heaven and earth, does not live in shrines made by man." Acts 17:24
Old October 3rd 03, 11:57 PM
Claire

I must be the exception to the rule- I've had shocking heartburn with all of
mine (am sometimes surprised that I don't breathe fire like a dragon- DH
says there are other similarities though) but my babies have been as bald as
eggs and stayed that way until at least their first birthday. Adorable but
hairless!

Claire