What I did with my extra Stash.

Old January 13th 07, 08:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default What I did with my extra Stash.

Ok,
I had a large amount of cut pieces of fabric left over from my quilt.
The link will take you to Photobucket and click on the view named
cushions. Three different cushions and a machine cozy for the new
Janome Long arm. I still have a gajillion cut pieces and am thinking of
other ways to sue them up.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...t=cushions.jpg
cushionshttp://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/fixedgearhead/sewing/?action=view&current=cushions.jpg
cushions

Hope you enjoy them,

John Taylor

Old January 13th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

oh boy that isnt working well at all.
a wee bit too long me thinks.
try using this link to create a 'tiny link' for those big ones.
http://tinyurl.com/
ta muchly in advance,
jeanne
--
Vote B'fly for President '08
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz

"John" wrote...

Old January 13th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Lovely!
Simple, smart and fit in so beautifully with the lovely wood - just like
your big quilt.

How are you on colour, John? I keep 'seeing' these woody colours with
some teal. Mind you, I'm only just beginning to have tiny adventures
with colours - and I've been quilting for 12 years or so!
..
In message . com, John
writes
Ok,
I had a large amount of cut pieces of fabric left over from my quilt.
The link will take you to Photobucket and click on the view named
cushions. Three different cushions and a machine cozy for the new
Janome Long arm. I still have a gajillion cut pieces and am thinking of
other ways to sue them up.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...?action=view&c
urrent=cushions.jpg
cushionshttp://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/fixedgearhead/sewing/?actio
n=view&current=cushions.jpg
cushions

Hope you enjoy them,

John Taylor

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 13th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

John, lovely cushions. Your sense of craftsmanship shows in
all your sewing.

Are the leftovers cut in squares or strips? If they are
strips try a little string piecing. It would be a new
technique, and you could add a few strips from other
projects. You don't have to use the strip pieced "fabric"
you make immediately. You can keep it for backing other
quilts. But it also makes quick but interesting knee rugs
and table runners and mats to protect that beautiful
furniture.

I often spend a day sewing "string scraps" into pieces if
"fabric" about 22" square. I just keep the pieced fabric
until I need it.

These will give you some ideas of string piecing -
http://tinyurl.com/yypkv6
http://tinyurl.com/y99ldv
http://tinyurl.com/y4p3lu
http://tinyurl.com/ufctu
http://tinyurl.com/utwbe

It's also amazing what designs you can make from just a
single sized restangle -
http://tinyurl.com/y8js5n
The cover quilt on this book is made entirely from 2.5" X
4.5" rectangles - another good way to use scraps.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

"John" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Ok,
: I had a large amount of cut pieces of fabric left over
from my quilt.
: The link will take you to Photobucket and click on the
view named
: cushions. Three different cushions and a machine cozy for
the new
: Janome Long arm. I still have a gajillion cut pieces and
am thinking of
: other ways to sue them up.
:
:
:
:
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74...t=cushions.jpg
:
cushionshttp://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/fixedgearhead/sewing/?action=view&current=cushions.jpg
: cushions
:
: Hope you enjoy them,
:
: John Taylor
:

Little S.E.X. Follow-up Found Stash - YEAH! ellice Needlework 7 September 28th 06 02:55 PM
Extra! Extra! Laura Quilting 6 September 26th 06 11:38 PM
A funny thing happened when I moved my stash Valerie in FL Quilting 15 July 7th 06 06:16 PM
My stash is intact! Kate Dicey Quilting 4 August 21st 03 03:17 PM
My Stash Is Being Guarded !!! DDM Quilting 2 August 10th 03 10:00 PM